Eagle Creek

Lady49Monet

A person on here suggested that people use these bags in order to pack. Decided to buy a bag or two and test them out. They are brilliant. An American invention i think. Put 14 of the other half shirts in the large packet it halved the volume; left it for two days just to see how they looked, if anything they had less wrinkles. Thank you who ever it was.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A person on here suggested that people use these bags in order to pack. Decided to buy a bag or two and test them out. They are brilliant. An American invention i think. Put 14 of the other half shirts in the large packet it halved the volume; left it for two days just to see how they looked, if anything they had less wrinkles. Thank you who ever it was.

Do you have a picture? Love to see good solutions with regards to packing!

I use them---adding tissue paper as I fold each item and tissue in-between items stacked in the container.

The end result rarely doesn't have at least one "fold crease"---I haven't found this method to be completely perfect--- but nothing too disastrous and these containers are helpful organizing an entire suitcase and avoiding massive wrinkles.

I purchased them a the Container Store in the US, year ago.

There is also a UK site which helps with the shipping costs. Amazon have them as well. I fully expect to iron a few crease lines. I love the organisation it brings to packing. Thanks for the tip about tissue that will help.

I purchased them a the Container Store in the US, year ago.

That is where I bought mine too… There was a "Travel Sale" on a few weeks ago when I was in San Francisco, so I bought a couple of packs of the cubes, and I also found two of the folding packs in Marshalls, of all places, and paid, I think $4 each for them as they end of line clearance items. Really great items.

I have gobs of the Ikea versions. Love love love them! More expensive ones are made of lighter weight fabrics, but for the money the Ikea versions make me very happy.

I sort my wardrobe into colour ways and pack so the matching things are in the same cubes. Makes dressing so easy. Pull out the case with the colour you want showing thru the sheer wall and you are ready to go.

And the shoe bags are brilliant. Actually big enough to slip both of Himself's shoes in easily. I put my shoes in one of the smaller sized bags.

Pashaminas and scarves in one to protect them from damage, undies and sleep wear in another.

And they slip into the luggage and smush together so easily without wrinkling the contents. Just makes it so easy. I give them as gifts all the time!

Sara

Edited by sarafinadh

I sort my wardrobe into colour ways and pack so the matching things are in the same cubes. Makes dressing so easy. Pull out the case with the colour you want showing thru the sheer wall and you are ready to go.

Sara

Gosh! I'm afraid this is how I do it:

Dig out suitcases. Attach identifying features; these invariably turn out looking exactly the same as everyone else's.

Half-heartedly fold clothes. Place directly into suitcase.

If insufficient space, faff around removing then replacing items, often several times.

Convince self that no one worth bothering about will either know or care that the same garment has made (at least) two appearances in fourteen days.

Shut case.

On arrival: Open case. Hang up clothes (this is the important bit). Perhaps my clothes are peculiar (quite possible), but by the next morning everything is fine.

Mary:)

Dig out suitcases. Attach identifying features; these invariably turn out looking exactly the same as everyone else's.

If insufficient space, faff around removing then replacing items, often several times.

Convince self that no one worth bothering about will either know or care that the same garment has made (at least) two appearances in fourteen days.

Shut case.

On arrival: Open case. Hang up clothes (this is the important bit). Perhaps my clothes are peculiar (quite possible), but by the next morning everything is fine.

My mother makes it even simpler (so my father tells me)...

"Go to all wardrobes/chests of drawers etc. Get slave (acquired in church in the early 50s) to fit small wheels to each corner of all items. Have all delivered to ship/hotel etc. On arrival tell slave to remove wheels. Open wardrobe doors. Wear contents selectively.

Turn to slave (who has been rummaging in the one small case he is allowed) and say (repeatedly) "is that what you intend to wear?" and/or "I can't take you anywhere nice" ".

As for me, each time I swear to take half what I took the last time (as "I didn't wear half of it" last time), and that was half what I took the time before, and half the time before that etc.

However, I still end up lugging exactly the same number of heavy suitcases from taxi to terminal as I lugged the first time :confused:

Edited by pepperrn

Shut case.

I have SO been there, done that.

I am not going back to it, but that method got me all over the world for decades ; -)

Just so long as you get the case on the plane, train, auto or ship on time for departure is all that really matters.

I used to have a bridal salon. I always told my brides that if at the end of the day the certificate was signed, by the correct people, then the day was a success. Anything else that went right was just lagniappe!

It's good to remember whats important!

Edited by sarafinadh