Norwegian Star - 14-Day Norway, Iceland, & Faroe Islands from Copenhagen

marvin79

Hello everyone. Sailing on the Star this September.Very excited, as this will be our longest cruise to date. Wanted to know if any of you have any suggestions of activities to do on the ports. More concerned about the small ports, want to make sure to take advantage of them.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Happy cruising everyone!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

This are the ports

PORTS OF CALL*Embark*Copenhagen, Denmark; Bergen, Norway; Alesund, Norway; Lerwick, Shetland Islands, Scotland; Thorshavn, Faroe Islands; Reykjavik, Iceland; Glasgow (Greenock), Scotland; Dublin, Ireland*Disembark*Copenhagen, Denmark

Hello everyone. Sailing on the Star this September.Very excited, as this will be our longest cruise to date. Wanted to know if any of you have any suggestions of activities to do on the ports. More concerned about the small ports, want to make sure to take advantage of them.

Happy cruising everyone!

We did that itinerary but from Dover. My recommendation is to join your roll call since some might be organizing private tours. My husband joined a smaller Grand Circle tour of Rejkavik Iceland that way.

This are the ports

PORTS OF CALL*Embark*Copenhagen, Denmark; Bergen, Norway; Alesund, Norway; Lerwick, Shetland Islands, Scotland; Thorshavn, Faroe Islands; Reykjavik, Iceland; Glasgow (Greenock), Scotland; Dublin, Ireland*Disembark*Copenhagen, Denmark

Alesund: We took a tour of the Lysefjord using Rodne Cruises. Their boat docks right across the harbor from where we docked (maybe a three block walk).

Glasgow: Great Scot tours are excellent. Visit their site.

Reyjavik: Take the Golden Circle Tour (Gullfoss, Geysir, Bingviller NP). Quite a few tour companies offer it including the cruise lines.

Dublin: Dublin Castle is excellent and Free. It's in the middle of town. We have also visited Glendalough in the Wicklow Mountains. Very scenic.

Happy cruising everyone!

Join the roll call http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1757019 there are lots of tour options being discussed there.

Stephen

There are a couple of groups that do some free tours on your itinerary if you are interested;

In Greenock check out the Tourist group;

http://www.inverclydetouristgroup.co.uk/

In Dublin you can check out Sandeman's New Europe tours;

http://www.newdublintours.com/

Both offer free tours. The first does not accept gratuities but you may leave a donation towards the petrol.

The second is led by very knowledgeable young people (often university students) and they work for gratuities only.

I highly recommend the Copenhagen Card for DIY of this city especially if you are extending your stay here. You can check it out at;

http://www.copenhagencard.com/?ld=0&currency=eur

I also recommend joining your roll call for lots of great planning and possibly sharing of yours. You can also check out the Ports of Call to check out what other cruisers have to say.

Have a great cruise!

Rochelle

We were just looking at that cruise last night! Our favorite ship is the Star.

Just curious as to why the Star is your favorite NCL ship?

I am doing the Transatlantic in April and wondering what I have to look forward to. :)

Thanks.

Don

Just curious as to why the Star is your favorite NCL ship?

I am doing the Transatlantic in April and wondering what I have to look forward to. :)

Thanks.

Don

Hi Don!

I happened to stumble upon this question....and I agree with the original poster...Star is also my favorite ship in the fleet. It just "grew" on me.

I cannot pinpoint why it is my favorite but a lot of factors may have combined to give her that status......

she does not have the fancy bells and whistles of the newer mega ships, she does not have the Spinnaker Lounge on the bow and she does not have the Great Outdoors which is my favorite hangout, but the fantastic service we got on the Star both times we have been on it, made it two of the best cruises, maybe that had to do something, but who knows, I feel at home on the Star!

Edited by Arzeena