Queens Grill question

starcraft

We are booked on the QM2 Voyage on 19th of july. I have booked a Q Accommodation.

We are very excited because we have never been to a Q stateroom.

Can you give us some details, what we can expect?

We thought of eating in the stateroom on the first night. How will this work?

Another question is if we were allowed to bring a guest from Britannia with us to the Queens grill restaurant.

Hope to get some information from you.

Best Regards

We are booked on the QM2 Voyage on 19th of july. I have booked a Q Accommodation.

We are very excited because we have never been to a Q stateroom.

Can you give us some details, what we can expect?

We thought of eating in the stateroom on the first night. How will this work?

Another question is if we were allowed to bring a guest from Britannia with us to the Queens grill restaurant.

Hope to get some information from you.

Best Regards

Britannia guests are not permitted to dine Grills. There not a lot of extra seat in the Gills.

You can occasionally sneak a visitor into the lounge for drinks. This is a sticky point for your fellow guests.

We were in the Grills on QV (last year) when this request was made, and it was a resounding NO. On another cruise, QG guests wanted their companions from PG to join them but it was only allowed after much persuasion, that the PG guests could dine in QG on a few lunch time occasions.

It makes sense really. We could all book one Britannia stateroom and one Grills, to do this. Sorry if it disappoints.

We returned from our first sailing on the QM2 and Cunard last month. We were in the Queen Grill.

I just wanted to note that we had all our meals there.

Often we will have breakfasts in our room on other lines and maybe one diner but we just enjoyed the dining room from the first meal we had on lunch on embarkation day.

It is very special.

Keith

In this case we are 3 adults with one baby. We have a QG table for 6. Our fellow friend is traveling alone (she lost her husband only weeks after coming back from a World Cruise on QE).

I think it could be possible to invite her. Otherwise she has to be eating alone in Britannia.

In this case we are 3 adults with one baby. We have a QG table for 6. Our fellow friend is traveling alone (she lost her husband only weeks after coming back from a World Cruise on QE).

I think it could be possible to invite her. Otherwise she has to be eating alone in Britannia.

Sadly it doesn't quite work like that. Your table for six will not be yours exclusively.

As has been said, you may with probably great difficulty manage to swing it for one lunch but l very much doubt you will be accommodated for dinner.

Dining in your suite would be the best option if you don't wish to leave your friend alone.

Judy

It may be possible for passengers to switch between Britannia and Grills for one night. A couple of trips back we were in PG at a table for six. One of the women at our table was travelling with her two sisters who could get only Britannia accommodation. Another couple spoke to the maitre d' offering to switch to Britannia one night so the two sisters could take their place in PG. This was permitted. I'm sure it wouldn't be easy to persuade a passenger from the Grills to go down to Britannia for one night, but they might offer.

Some QG passengers may not dine every night at the Grill. Fellow passengers joining your table may be willing to change to another table for this evening. It needs some arranging, but I would not say it's impossible.

We were in the Grills on QV (last year) when this request was made, and it was a resounding NO. On another cruise, QG guests wanted their companions from PG to join them but it was only allowed after much persuasion, that the PG guests could dine in QG on a few lunch time occasions.

It makes sense really. We could all book one Britannia stateroom and one Grills, to do this. Sorry if it disappoints.

Couldn't agree more.

I'm afraid there are too any people who would simply exploit and abuse the privilege if you could just imply invite others to dine with you at any time.

The sensible approach is as has been suggested. For a one off occasion, it should be possible to find an opportunity and the Maître D of QG should be able to assist, but it is unlikely you could make a habit of it. That simply would not be fair on those who have paid to dine there & would be impractical in any event.

Dining in suite with guests is feasible,not done it but know those who have. That is no problem.

Just to expand on and clarify what wripro posted, there is open seating in Britannia for breakfast and lunch so you could dine there any time with your friend. However, there is assigned seating in Britannia for dinner, so it would not be possible to eat there with your friend at dinner at her assigned table. However, others may be able to tell you what kind of arrangements could be made to allow you to eat with her in Britannia in the evening. You could also get together for any meal in King's Court, either the buffet or one of the evening specialty venues there.