saver fares

wilson2579

In my experience the cabins have been allocated exactly 14 days before departure.

Saver fares don't get upgrades. However, this does not necessarily mean that you will get the lowest grade of cabin. On Adonia the lowest grade balcony cabin is an HC grade and we were allocated a GC one. Last year when this happened it was called an upgrade and those paying higher fares complained. This year, since you only book a category guarantee not a specific grade on a Saver fare, then it's not technically an upgrade whatever grade you get assigned. Same result but different terminology to encourage people to pay the higher fares.

In my experience the cabins have been allocated exactly 14 days before departure.

Saver fares don't get upgrades. However, this does not necessarily mean that you will get the lowest grade of cabin. On Adonia the lowest grade balcony cabin is an HC grade and we were allocated a GC one. Last year when this happened it was called an upgrade and those paying higher fares complained. This year, since you only book a category guarantee not a specific grade on a Saver fare, then it's not technically an upgrade whatever grade you get assigned. Same result but different terminology to encourage people to pay the higher fares.

Was that an official complaint? How would those paying higher fares know which grade you had booked?

I can see Saver fares advertised now - showing 'from £xxx but then there are differing prices - e.g. midship/low deck etc. That doesn't seem to be the same as you describe.

It's quite confusing.

Was that an official complaint? How would those paying higher fares know which grade you had booked?

I can see Saver fares advertised now - showing 'from £xxx but then there are differing prices - e.g. midship/low deck etc. That doesn't seem to be the same as you describe.

It's quite confusing.

Not sure where you are looking but on the web site it is showing a saver fare for an inside. And a select fare for each of the inside grades.

The same for outside and balcony. You do not have a choice of bow, stern or high deck or low deck. You get what they have left. You may be lucky and get a high grade midship you may not.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It's quite confusing.

Are you sure you're looking at Saver fares not Early Saver ones. Early saver fares offer a choice of grade but, to my knowledge, all the Saver fares only ever offer the choice of a category (inside, outside, balcony).

The complaints I referred to were those voiced on this forum when those that had paid Vantage fares read about people on Getaway fares getting upgrades when they had not.

This year with Select and Saver fares we may well end up with the same result with those on Saver fares getting allocated better cabins whilst those on Select fares don't get upgraded. This is unfair but still within the letter of P&O's t's and c's as the better cabin allocation for the Saver fare will not be an upgrade according to their definition.

u4amu7a6.jpg

Sent from my iPad

This refers to Early Saver not Saver fare.

Saver summary

Pay in full at time of booking

100% cancellation fee

Cabin grade allocated at point of departure

All dining arrangements will be confirmed to you once on board

Shuttle buses, where they are available in port and should you wish to use them will be chargeable on board

Non-transferable

Edited by clivep

I was asking the question as I am a select passenger. I booked a year ago and was wondering if P and O are keeping their promise by upgrading us before the early savers. No upgrade for me so far.:eek:

How is your grade selling for your cruise.? If it is selling OK they may not need to upgrade anyone. Anyone thinking they may wait until saver fares come out may find your grade is sold out,so there would be no saver fares for your grade. I don't think I am explaining myself clearly. I know what I am trying to say In my brain.

How is your grade selling for your cruise.? If it is selling OK they may not need to upgrade anyone. Anyone thinking they may wait until saver fares come out may find your grade is sold out,so there would be no saver fares for your grade. I don't think I am explaining myself clearly. I know what I am trying to say In my brain.

Thanks for your reply. There are still quite a few cabins left. Still 19 days to go.

Are you sure you're looking at Saver fares not Early Saver ones. Early saver fares offer a choice of grade but, to my knowledge, all the Saver fares only ever offer the choice of a category (inside, outside, balcony).

The complaints I referred to were those voiced on this forum when those that had paid Vantage fares read about people on Getaway fares getting upgrades when they had not.

This year with Select and Saver fares we may well end up with the same result with those on Saver fares getting allocated better cabins whilst those on Select fares don't get upgraded. This is unfair but still within the letter of P&O's t's and c's as the better cabin allocation for the Saver fare will not be an upgrade according to their definition.

Beg your pardon - I was looking at the wrong category!!

Oh it is so confusing!