Identify my fish

125755472_bluefish.jpg.31b7f34b7d6e4ba9f1ed6c09781d54fc.jpg[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]This might be a long shot since I took the pictures off a video and they aren't very good, but I have been curious as to what kind of fish this is. Found off the coast of St Lucia between the port and the Pitons. The fish was the size of a tang, bright blue with dots all over it. The dots are different colors inside and all ringed by white.

1031791157_bluefish2.jpg.2a927088cfbc98ce4179b8e361171561.jpg

2104746065_bluefish3.jpg.539382a3a71cb21346b9c60e45e84b43.jpg

I think it might be a midnight damsel fish. Google it and check out images. I don't think I have seen one quite as large as a tang but close. Juvenile will have a yellow tail which turns more transparent with age.

YES! Thank You! I have done some asking around, and no one has seemed to believe me that the spots are different colors and that it can be bright royal blue, but the other pictures I saw when I Googled Damsel Fish showed the same! Yay! Thank you Thank you Thank you!

The pictures are very hard to see since they are so small. But it's definitely a damselfish (as someone has already said). I have taken several pictures of a fish like this, but it has a yellow tail fin and it was a yellow tail damselfish. :D I believe I read once that the ones without the yellow tail might be the juvenille ones? I may be wrong.

There was a thread I started awhile back and it has tons of fish that I have found while snorkeling in it and their names. It might help you out if you have others you are looking for.

Click HERE

attachment.php?attachmentid=320320&stc=1&d=1406402914

They also call them Jewel fish because of obvious reasons. I took this pic in the Keys, and was fascinated by it. They really are beautiful fish. When they mature, the yellowtail damsel fish will sometimes still have the spots around the eyes and the dorsal fin, but isn't nearly as beautiful as when they were a juvenile.

P82101321.jpg.6c8db72843c5ad6a14b43ce353d6243a.jpg