Cruise ship hit by shrapnel in Israel

Pam in CA

I happened to be looking at Cruise Critic, and spotted this thread. A moment or two later the air raid sirens went off (we live right outside Jerusalem). I moved here 15 years ago from NJ, but this is the first time I had to go down to our bomb shelter. As we started opening the door to our shelter, we heard and felt a large boom.

We're back in our apartment now, and are reading that 4 missles were intercepted over Jerusalem.

Two years ago was the first time in 40 years that air raid sirens went off in the Jerusalem area. I was traveling solo on the Carnival Breeze transatlantic; my husband was in Israel. The missile barrage (2000 missles in 2 weeks) began just as we started the crossing. I cannot begin to tell you how difficult it was for me to be in the middle of the ocean, knowing my husband was running for cover at home. (I have to say that the Guest Services people really, really came through for me- they handed me a sattelite phone and told me I could come down to them anytime 24/7 and call my husband.)

Please don't make light of this. Dozens of missles have been falling here the past 2 days, and tonight Tel Aviv and our capital city, Jerusalem, came under attack.

I hope it doesn't happen, but if your itinerary is changed to skip Israel, be calm and understand.

I just realized my ears are ringing. Funny that I didn't notice that until now.

Perhaps foolishly, but still with hopes of peace,

Ruth

Ah, Ruth. Wise words. Peace be with you all there.

I happened to be looking at Cruise Critic, and spotted this thread. A moment or two later the air raid sirens went off (we live right outside Jerusalem). I moved here 15 years ago from NJ, but this is the first time I had to go down to our bomb shelter. As we started opening the door to our shelter, we heard and felt a large boom ...

Dozens of missles have been falling here the past 2 days, and tonight Tel Aviv and our capital city, Jerusalem, came under attack. . . .

Perhaps foolishly, but still with hopes of peace,

Ruth

Prayers to you, Ruth. I just returned home from a tour of Israel two weeks ago. It was without a doubt a trip and experience that I will never forget. We followed your news every day after our return to see whether the 3 boys had yet been found. As the conflict escalated, and the news worsened, it filled us with great sadness. Know that there continue to be Prayers for peace for you, and your lovely land.

When your time is up, that IS it. BUT it doesn't mean that you can go putting yourself in harm's way and tempting fate.

I think a wise person doesn't put himself in harms way then expect someone else to bale him out for being foolish.

I feel the same way & there is absolutely nowhere I want to go to put myself into a dangerous situation. The level of risk is an individual decision but I won't put myself in harm's way expecting someone else to risk their life to rescue me.

Prayers to all living in harm's way.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Prayers for Israel..."I will bless those who bless you and curse those who treat you with contempt. All the families on earth will be blessed through you." Genesis 12:3

We just returned last month from a week in Israel...an incredible experience.

Prayers for Israel..."I will bless those who bless you and curse those who treat you with contempt. All the families on earth will be blessed through you." Genesis 12:3

We just returned last month from a week in Israel...an incredible experience.

Thanks for the quote and for your thoughts. Shalom.