RCI left us

More frustration - thought I'd found the perfect idea - the Jewel 5/16/15 leaving San Diego, ending in Vancouver on 5/22, with a B2B 5/22 sailing on to Alaska. Just as I began booking, I realized this violates PVSA since the Alaska cruise ends in Seattle - transport for the B2B begins and ends in the US. Sad, but not RCI's fault.

Second thought - do the first leg on the Jewel, spend a night or 2 in Vancouver, then find another Alaska cruise leaving Vancouver. Found one (different cruise line) leaving on 5/23 and decided to go ahead and book them both. The RCI online price for the 5/16 cruise is actually a little cheaper than our usual online TA, so decided to book online directly. I picked a cabin, got all the way to the point where I had entered all our information and was ready to 'review cruise information' and got the message "Sorry the information you requested is not available at this time, try again later". We've all heard it a million times, but why can't RCI fix their website!!! It seems you have to pick the lesser of 2 evils to deal with RCI - an hour on the phone, or an hour+ on the website. Much as we'd like to do the Jewel Pacific Coastal sailing, it's getting much too frustrating.

Don't give up...try talking to one of RCCL's booking reps. I'd have a copy of the 'print screen' picture handy of your online price when you make your reservation, just in case their quoted price to you is higher than their website pricing. It really will be worth the effort:o