How to find a specific Carnival crew member on future cruise

beagle_mom

Hello! New to CC here and was wondering if there is any way to find out if a specific crew member is on a future cruise?

We took our first cruise February 2014 and had exceptional service with a couple of the crew members and would love to see them on the next cruise we have booked.

Thanks for your help! :)

I know first name only. There is one guy that has a unique name so I don't think I need to know his last name but the other one is a common name so I don't know that I will be able to find him.

I know first name only. There is one guy that has a unique name so I don't think I need to know his last name but the other one is a common name so I don't know that I will be able to find him.

If it's extremely unique, you can try Facebook or even reaching out to John Heald on Facebook.

If you're able to find his last name, you can email him and ask if he will be on the ship still.

FirstInitialLastName@carnival.com

Edited by Disconnections

On our Freedom '12 cruise we really connected with our MDR drink server. He of course served us drinks each night in the MDR and the nightclub and found us during the day too! After 8 days we exchanged FB info and we keep up with him almost weekly!! In a few years we would love to sponsor his daughter for a year abroad in the US (like with AFS or some other exchange organization for a year in high school!)

Start searching FB and Googling their names and the ship's name. Good luck!

We'd really like to find I Nyoman. We met him on the Carnival Sunshine in Feb 2014.

I'm sorry to tell you, I Nyomen is not an unusual name. It is a common Balinese birth-order name for, IIRC, the third born son. There are lots of I Nyomens and I Kadeks and I Mans and I Ketuts and I Wayans working on cruise ships right now. I wish you good luck, though.:)

• Like 1

From my first Carnival cruise to my most recent, I have always met one or two crew who were memorable and still are after many years. I dont however ever expect to see them again. But there are exceptions to my expectations:)

Back in 2004, was on the Triumph and had the pleasure of some really excellent service from a MDR waiter. Remembered his first name only, but didnt forget his face.

Fast forward to 2007, different ship, but I connected with some people who I had befriended from the 2004 cruise in the MDR. We board the ship, and I see our former dining room waiter and say to friend ...look there is "so and so", she says yes it sure looks like him, but next thing, he was gone....disappeared in the crowd.

At dinner first night we asked our MDR waiter if he knew "so and so" and at first he seemed befuddled, then said oh yes...he is from India, I know him, he serves in the other dining room, but I will try to get a message to him that you asked for him. 20 mins later, here comes our waiter from three years ago,and at first he looked at us like he was unsure, but within a minute or so, he remembered. It was a nice reunion, but we never saw him again that cruise, and our new waiter turned out to be just as awesome, and have been looking for him too ever since.

I dont go looking to make best friends with my MDR waiters anymore, and the more cruises I take, the more, I just realise now, that they are mostly all very good and will be memorable, but best not to ever expect to see them again. Just me and MHO. However...I have heard of people seeing crew members over and over again, but I guess it depends on how often you cruise.

Edited by SMSACE6
  • Like 1

Hello! New to CC here and was wondering if there is any way to find out if a specific crew member is on a future cruise?

We took our first cruise February 2014 and had exceptional service with a couple of the crew members and would love to see them on the next cruise we have booked.

Thanks for your help! :)

Don't you think the crew would think its a little creepy stalking them? They are only nice to you for the tips.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

2 years ago we had a waiter that we loved.

We were quite surprised to find him greeting us in the dining room again this past year.

I think it was just lucky and most of the crew on board changes after their contracts are finished. I wouldn't expect to see him on our next cruise.

Ship's officers are a different story. As they are more likely to stay around on the same ship.

• 4 years later...

I know this thread was a few years back but has anyone found any easier way to find/reach cruise staff? I just returned from a cruise on Carnival’s Victory and solo singer (guitarist) Letícia really inspired me to get back into my music and I’d love to express my appreciation and gratitude for her performances during my trip

I know this thread was a few years back but has anyone found any easier way to find/reach cruise staff? I just returned from a cruise on Carnival’s Victory and solo singer (guitarist) Letícia really inspired me to get back into my music and I’d love to express my appreciation and gratitude for her performances during my trip

Without a full name no idea how to find them. Just luck of the draw if you do

Usually if you find that one person who gives great service ask for their name so atleast you can place their name on a carnival email explaining they gave you great service. On my May cruise my wife and I met this awesome crew member and we are now FB friends and communicate every now and then hoping to cross paths again on one of the ships!

• 5 years later...

Just had a recent experience looking for and finding a specific crew member. My sister and brother in law cruised on Panorama about three weeks before us. Brother in law came home and asked me to find a specific crew member and identify myself by a certain code word he had worked out with the crew member. When I found him and gave the code word it was big smiles and we were instant friends.