Half Moon Cay Vendors

Garycruz

I will be visiting Half Moon Cay next week. I know that Carnival owns the island and I can use my S & S card to purchase drinks.

I assume there will be vendors there and that they will be locals and I will need cash if I want to buy something there.

Am I correct that the marketplace is not run by Carnival and I will need to bring cash if I want to purchase something there?

Besides the store that is run by carnival and your S&S card is used there is a straw market that sells the usual souvenirs and they only take dollars so if you plan on picking up a small item a few dollars will be necessary. There is also a jewelry store that uses your S&S card.

Thank you for the replies. They are very helpful. It sounds like I need to bring some dollars but I can also use the S & S card in the Carnival store. It's always nice to have options. :)

It is right on the plaza as soon as you get off the tender and walk onto the island. There are restrooms, a bar, jewelry store, and Carnival souvenir store all around the plaza before you go onto the beach. you can't miss it.

I will be visiting Half Moon Cay next week. I know that Carnival owns the island and I can use my S & S card to purchase drinks.

I assume there will be vendors there and that they will be locals and I will need cash if I want to buy something there.

Am I correct that the marketplace is not run by Carnival and I will need to bring cash if I want to purchase something there?

Other than what others mentioned, don't expect much else. The island is uninhabited other than caretakers. You wont see the typical barrage of vendors you are used to seeing on other islands. HMC is more about the beach than anything else. Carnival brings things off the ship to serve you that day. And at the end of the day, what is left is loaded back on the ship.

its pretty much the same as buying something on the ship. If you want a drink, soda, bottle water the bars will take S&S card. The excursions, water toys, store purchases, etc. all would go on your S&S card. The only reason to bring any cash is for the few vendors that are there. They set up right by the store. There isn't a lot to choose from. Maybe 5 ladies with stands. It's right after you get off the ship, can't miss it. I think the only thing I bought from them was a kids tshirt.