Celebrity dress code

Orch at Sea

So I get the debate between the folks who oppose and for the formal nights. Personally i am for free will, dress up if you like, make your self feel good,if i could afford a tux, and had one, i would wear it everywhere i could. I wear nice comfortable clouting,clean and the only person i am worried about what i am wearing is my wife. Dress code means they want just certain people, so i feel its part discrimination. That's me, just my opinion,its Celebrity's ship,so there policy. We will go to the MDR,dress as best as we are,if they let us sit fine, if not we love Buffets and we will head there on formal night. No harm. I am just having such a hard time reading how people here, get so personal about what other people, strangers do?, weather they like it or not why??. If i am eating?, unless you are wearing something so offensive, being abusive or wearing nothing!, i am not worried what you look like, and i am astonished that grown adults are bickering over peoples looks, i thought we passed that point as humans. I am not a seasoned cruise tourist or even a long term cruise critic veteran(lol not very long at all) but here at least in a small community(Cruise critic forum) we can see past what we look like as people gather for a meal? can we

Many a year on CC and the hope of this is just a pipe dream or a rabbit serving tea in wonderland. In other words, ain't gonna happen here!:D

Um, actually, no. The Celebrity dress code for international sailings, as stated on their website, does not include shorts at all, except in port. Yes, I know...strange but true.

Daywear includes slacks or pants, blouses or shirts, knit tops or polo shirts. Bring a pair of sneakers or rubber-soled shoes for deck sports and a swimsuit cover-up for cool areas on the ship.

Port wear for women includes a casual dress, skirt and blouse, or pants outfit; for men, casual pants or walking shorts, and polo-type shirts. Comfortable walking shoes are a must.

I guess women aren't allowed to wear shorts EVER according to Celebrity's printed dress code on it's website. How ridiculous is that!! I don't think many people would find that this guide reflects any kind of reality of how people really do dress.

The same has become true of the printed dress code relating to formal nights. It does not reflect the reality of how people are dressing and what Celebrity is enforcing. Anyone leading a person to believe that they will not be permitted in the MDR on formal nights without a jacket for men is misleading them.

Um, actually, no. The Celebrity dress code for international sailings, as stated on their website, does not include shorts at all, except in port. Yes, I know...strange but true.

Daywear includes slacks or pants, blouses or shirts, knit tops or polo shirts. Bring a pair of sneakers or rubber-soled shoes for deck sports and a swimsuit cover-up for cool areas on the ship.

Port wear for women includes a casual dress, skirt and blouse, or pants outfit; for men, casual pants or walking shorts, and polo-type shirts. Comfortable walking shoes are a must.

I guess women aren't allowed to wear shorts EVER according to Celebrity's printed dress code on it's website. How ridiculous is that!! I don't think many people would find that this guide reflects any kind of reality of how people really do dress.

The same has become true of the printed dress code relating to formal nights. It does not reflect the reality of how people are dressing and what Celebrity is enforcing. Anyone leading a person to believe that they will not be permitted in the MDR on formal nights without a jacket for men is misleading them.

That is not part of the dress code. Let's not mix apples and oranges.

Anyone assuring someone that they will be admitted without a jacket may well be misleading them. It all depends who is on the door. I saw a couple of guys turned away on my last cruise in March.

Just when i thought this thread couldn't get any more ridiculous, we now have shorts aren't allowed except in port ...sigh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JUST when you THOUGHT it was safe... :D

Don't forget, that many PORTS also have a "dress code." :eek:

In some places, clothing that is made of camouflage material is prohibited. :rolleyes:

(I wonder if I should consider THAT to be exclusionary??? :p)

Edited by teecee60

That is not part of the dress code. Let's not mix apples and oranges.

Anyone assuring someone that they will be admitted without a jacket may well be misleading them. It all depends who is on the door. I saw a couple of guys turned away on my last cruise in March.

On our last TA, the Laundry service was very slowwwwwwwww, sent suit to get pressed 3 nights before the last formal night, never got it back in time, no problem getting into MDR

On our last TA, the Laundry service was very slowwwwwwwww, sent suit to get pressed 3 nights before the last formal night, never got it back in time, no problem getting into MDR

Any chance this was the Eclipse TA April 2013?

We had laundry issues on that one...never did find a real explanation, though many theories abounded.

My butler even asked me to not send anything unless I REALLY needed to it was so bad he couldn't guarantee anything I sent would be back in time..so I didn't send anything out at his advice.