It's a Cruise Ship.......

sail7seas

"Criticism" is a loaded word as is "critic"; they both have an automatic negative connotation. When one is criticized one expects every aspect of the conversation to be bad. Okay. Enough of Messrs. Webster, Funk, & Wagnell.

Evaluating, judging, and comparing are all similar terms to criticizing, and we here in CC do all of the above. The negative and the positive, sometimes both together. We are here to share our experiences of the better and the worse so our fellow cruisers may benefit from our joys and disappointments. Raising our voices also provides our cruise providers with feedback as to how to improve their offerings. And perversely, some peoples' disappointing situations may be heavenly for others. We can only provide our own insights and share them--it's the _information_ that is vital, not merely the coloration of our opinions.

Soapbox mode: OFF.

Cruise mode: ON!:D

While I would like everyone to be objective and neutral, some people are going to be overtly positive or overtly negative. It's just human nature, and one side may make cruising more fun, and the other may be informative (even if a broken clock is right twice a day). It's unrealistic to try and polarize people one direction or the other, especially on a site called "cruise critic". As a new cruiser myself I want to know the truth, not white washing, or throwing a line under the bus. When reading up on a ship, I try to go for the 2-4 stars reviews, which are likely more accurate than the 1 and 5 stars.

Cruise: To sail about on a pleasure trip.

Critic: A person who judges, evaluates, or criticizes

I was just thinking last night ... what do I love most about sailing ... and besides all the obvious ones .............

A WHOLE WEEK WITHOUT HAVING TO CARRY A PURSE !!!!!

Just one of the little things ... but a joy none-the-less :D

Glad to know I'm not the only one. And I don't even complain when I have to buy more clothes with pockets to make up for the missing purse!