What is best way to get from Venice port to airport

hsmcruise

The most economical way is to take the People Mover from the pier to Piazzale Roma (about 1.5E for a 3 minute ride) then take the ATVO express bus to the airport ( 6-7 E for a 20 minute ride). HOWEVER, this option only works if you can easily manage your luggage since there is some walking involved.

If you can't manage your luggage, reserve a cab .... about 40E for the 20 minute ride.

Other options are water taxi, alilaguna. Check this web site:

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/arriving_in_venice_by_ship.htm

We have used the Alilaguna boats twice to get us to the airport, and thoroughly enjoyed the trip. It takes about an hour and a half and is a fascinating ride, if you have the time, It takes you past St Marks Square, right over to the other side of Venice, then round the back to the airport. They helped us on and off with our luggage, too.

You do have to wheel your luggage to the landing point though, but there are luggage carts where you disembark at the airport.

Edited by ellie1145

I've read that the ships transfers are quite pricey.

You might try posting on your roll call. Perhaps another passenger has a similar flight time and would be willing to share the cost of a car service?? Having a driver at the pier holding a sign with your name on it would certainly be the easy way to go.

I have been wondering the same thing as the OP lately. If we have a 12 pm flight within Europe, will taking the people mover then the bus work for us? What time will we have to depart the ship by to make it in time to the airport?

We are docking overnight in Venice at the end of our cruise and will be able to scope the peoplemover out the night before but I am torn between this way and getting a taxi/limo (transfer company). I refuse to pay $79 US each for our family of 4 that the cruise line wants to charge us. We do have 2 kids and will likely have a couple of bags but think we can handle them on our own.

@CGYCruisingFamily

My last flight out of Venice was at noon on a Wednesday with Delta to JFK.

We caught the 9:20am ATVO express bus to the airport. The airport was it's usual dismal mess of long lines but we actually had 10 minutes to spare by the time we got thru security. Just enough time for one last gelatto.

Since there are 4 of you, a taxi won't cost too much more than 4 People Mover tickets plus 4 bus tickets (1.30 E + 7E pp). So 32E vs 50E

A standard taxi is usually 40E to the airport but won't it 4 so maybe 10E more for a larger car ???

Edited by mapleleaves