Arcadia recent reviews

RoseGab123

Thanks for letting me know. Kinda what I thought but thought I would check. :-)

Can I just say that on Arcadia you will fine that on a formal night 95% of the men will wear a DJ the rest a dark suit and that you will not get into the MDR without a jacket.

On that ship there will be very few people not dressed formally. Some on here would tell you it's OK. Which it will be if you know you may be in a very small group of perhaps less than 20.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

we are on the same cruise to Baltics end of July first time with PO and so first on Arcadia. I have read reviews and like others am trying not to be put off. we went on holiday in April to hotel that had mixed reviews we really loved it and would go back.

I will make the best of whatever we find.

if there is smoke anywhere near my balcony I can assure you I will complain.

been to Baltics before and thought it was fabulous.

enjoy your cruise. we are on freedom dining by the way

I have sadly been on Arcadia 3 times, and will definitely never return to her again. Unfortunately Adults only does mean average age of 70 - something P&O never mentions. I also agree with a lot of smoking on deck particularly around the rear (main) pool deck.

Whilst I do not want to stay up late (after say 00:00) every night, some nights I do. Again on Arcadia most bars shut down by 23:30. Definitely Passenger Age related - a lot of in Cabin Drinking.

My previous trips have been 2 x 14 nights and one x 23 nights. As to P&O in general - certainly Azura, Aurora, Oceana and the previous Adonia have never reflected the atmosphere - lacking, fellow passengers - in a word - different.

From mhy point of view you learn from your mistakes.:(

Sadly I have been on Arcadia 3 times, but rest assured I will never venture forth on Arcadia again.

There is sadly a total lack of atmosphere on board. The average passenger age appears to be 70+. Long time crew members across the fleet tell me Adult Only always attracts a largely older passenger group.

Thus Bars shut early 23:30 - you will seldom find much going on after 00:00 and by 01:00 99.9% of passengers have disappeared.

I have cruised quite extensively, and find Arcadia is the worst experience(s) I have ever had. OK Arcadia has had 3 chances, and I don't intend wasting money on her again. The rear pool deck especially the Port side is very prone to Cigarette smoke.

Having said all that - Azura, Oceana, Aurora, and the previous Adonia are all OK, back from Aurora in May and off again on Oceana in October.

It's just Arcadia and her different passenger mix that does my head in.:(

Azura x 2Nor

Arcadia x 3 - Never Again

Oceana x 5

Adonia (Sea Princess) x 1

Golden Princess x 1

Westerdam x 1

Volendam x 1

Ryndam x 1

Carnival Fascination x 1

Enchantment of the Seas x 1

Adventure of the Seas x 1

Monarch of the Seas x 1

Explorer of the Seas x 1

Costa Victoria x 1 - Never Again

Norwegian Pearl x 1

To list but a few

Which is why pando has lots of different ships, so another one may be right up your street.

I am not over 70. Just because the bars close down at 11.30 does not mean everyone is in their cabin drinking-what a stupid statement to make.

Our last cabin was next door to the crows nest and from what OH said it was very very late sometimes when people left there. Maybe you were not in the right bar.

I've sat in Arcadia's skmoking area without noticing I was there, and I've got a sensitive nose for cigarette smoke. I noticed quite quickly, and moved to one of the plentiful expanses of smoke-free deck, but it was by no means overpowering.

Sadly I have been on Arcadia 3 times, but rest assured I will never venture forth on Arcadia again.

I have only been on her once and that was enough for me. As you say never again.

Thank goodness we are all different Arcadia is my favourite ship and after 7 cruises on it I can say we have never had a bad one. Always found a good mix of adult ages on board. Can't comment about other bars as from 10:30 we go to the Crows Nest. Generally leave around midnight and it is still busy then.

Arcadia looks beautiful from the after refit photos. We will be on her next week for the three night cruise to Guernsey and have been lucky enough to be upgraded to a suite so we WILL enjoy it! Got some lovely friends we met through cruising also on board...will post review after the cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have been on Arcadia twice, the first time was 20 days and the second was a 51 day segment of a world cruise.

We think she is a lovely ship and have another long segment booked for next year and we wouldn't be doing that if the ship was as bad as some of the reviews suggest :eek:

We usually prefer smaller ships and most of our cruises have been with another line but we still don't hesitate to sail on Arcadia when the itinerary suits us.

We were also concerned before our first cruise on her in 2011 as there were negative reviews around then but we needn't have worried as it turned out. So don't be put off by negative reviews, I'm sure you will have a wonderful time. :)

I am live onboard Arcadia now, first time on this ship, and must say am pleased with her. Our balcony cabin is nice, bigger balcony than celebrity infinity and food in buffet for lunch much better than infinity. Ship looks good in the public areas that we have been in.

Apologies if this is a little garbled struggling on my phone.

Just got off Arcadia after a lovely short cruise to Guernsey. We didn't have lunch on board, we saved ourselves for afternoon tea! Only did the buffet once for breakfast, and ate three nights in the Meridian. No complaints...all food to our liking and service excellent! Except one night when the wait for Freedom dining for four of us to share with others was an hour! We had drinks in the Crow's Nest which one night was pretty deserted, but it was about 6.45pm. Also had drinks in The Piano bar. No problem getting sun loungers on our sea day. We had been lucky enough to get an upgrade to a suite, B53. Nice location and very friendly and helpful butler, Roshan. Size wise not huge but spacious enough for us two. Love the full size White Company toiletries. All in all a great cruise and we loved Arcadia. Would definitely cruise her again, but we have Britannia and Azura booked for next year! Need to book another!

Just got off Arcadia after a lovely short cruise to Guernsey. We didn't have lunch on board, we saved ourselves for afternoon tea! Only did the buffet once for breakfast, and ate three nights in the Meridian. No complaints...all food to our liking and service excellent! Except one night when the wait for Freedom dining for four of us to share with others was an hour! We had drinks in the Crow's Nest which one night was pretty deserted, but it was about 6.45pm. Also had drinks in The Piano bar. No problem getting sun loungers on our sea day. We had been lucky enough to get an upgrade to a suite, B53. Nice location and very friendly and helpful butler, Roshan. Size wise not huge but spacious enough for us two. Love the full size White Company toiletries. All in all a great cruise and we loved Arcadia. Would definitely cruise her again, but we have Britannia and Azura booked for next year! Need to book another!

Optic able most bars are empty once the first sitting are in, I normally go out about 7.15 and it's just getting a few people in the bars. Perhaps as freedom spreads then the use of bars in the evening will spread as well, not just the two rush hours.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I think Freedom dining was very popular on this cruise, hence the long queues at times, but we only had the one hiccup in the three nights. Forgot to say that disembarkation went extremely smoothly, no rush, no jostling and no queues!! We were off at 8.30am and the bags were waiting. No queues in arrivals either.

Forgot to say we did have a very long wait for our three cases...but I have to say they were small ones and not very heavy so no danger of bad backs! The suit bag had been left outside someone else's cabin after muster drill...and we were "priority"!

Arcadia is our favourite ship, not too big, friendly and happy atmosphere.

Getting a bit fed up with remarks about "old" people and people in wheelchairs. Do some folk want to see discriminating upper age ,limits and abilities enforced on cruises.

Age really is just a number I know two gents in our locality one is 75 the other 82. They both cycle everyday up to 45 miles. The 75 year old runs daily 15 to 20 miles, swims etc. Would they be considered "old".

How lovely it is to see people of all ages and abilities enjoying the same pleasures that the rest of us can.

Sunnyseas:mad::mad: