Stingray City - Great Stirrup Cay

chrisaf

Has anyone done this excursion? Will be sailing next week and the grand kids are interested in doing it. My question is, if the kids want to do it and the grand parents do not, are you allowed to go with them and watch or are only the ones that have paid for the excursion allowed to go? Also, where on the island is it (how far from main tender drop off area)?

Would have asked on the "Private Islands" forum but it doesn't get much activity and we are leaving tomorrow. Thanks.

Has anyone done this excursion? Will be sailing next week and the grand kids are interested in doing it. My question is, if the kids want to do it and the grand parents do not, are you allowed to go with them and watch or are only the ones that have paid for the excursion allowed to go? Also, where on the island is it (how far from main tender drop off area)?

Would have asked on the "Private Islands" forum but it doesn't get much activity and we are leaving tomorrow. Thanks.

I can't answer the question, so sorry. However, I thought "sting ray city" was at Grand Cayman. Well, I know there is a Sting Ray City at Grand Cayman as I visited it back in the early 90's.

Anyway if leaving tomorrow, just ask the shore excursion folks when you get on board. They should have all the answers.

Have a wonderful trip. :D

Stingray City actually shows as one of the excursions you can book on line at Great Stirrup Cay. I didn't see it last year when we were there which is why I was hoping someone knew more about it since the grand kids are asking about doing it. Thanks.

Great Stirrup Cay also has their "own" stingray city (or something like it now) and I have read recently that it's only a 5 minute boat ride out to the sand bar (which is like Grand Cayman) and everyone that has done it loves it (that I have read). As for going and "watching", I would imagine (just like any other excursion in any port) that if you go, you have to pay as well. :)