Tracy Arm

frostypenguin

Does anyone have photos of a recent trip (in the last few weeks) of Tracy Arm? We are going in about 4 weeks and I wanted to get an idea of what we will see when we are sailing it that day from the cruise ship (not an independent tour). Will there still be snow capped mountains? any "blue" ice?

Hi! I just returned from a cruise on the Norwegian Spirit. We sailed Tracy Arm. It was absolutely breathtaking! I have never seen such beauty! There was quite a bit of ice floating in the water, and there were snow capped mountains. You can see the blue of Sawyer Glacier (even without binoculars). The water was an amazing blue/green color. It was so bright.

We stayed on the top deck for hours to see the views. I have a lot of pictures, but I do not know how to post them here.

http://community.webshots.com/user/brunolvr

brunolvr went last year and has posted photos of Tracy Arm on the site above. There were more seals on our trip in, but otherwise it looks pretty similar. I'm going to show my friends at work, since his photos are so nice and we just took the same cruise. We had the cabin 2 doors down (we didn't get the lobster towel critter though... )

frames your photos look like mine! It certainly was a beautiful place wasn't it?

Archived