Door Decorations! What have you done?

CobbClan

Was reading some really neat ideas over on the Cruise Rituals board, and saw some great photos, but most all of them were tropical or holidays like Chhristmas. We are celebration our 30 th anniversary and thought it might be neat! What have you all done for Alaska? Oh, and we are traveling Oosterdam if that makes a difference on rules or door construction.

We don't decorate, but we always cruise to celebrate our anniversary, and Princess puts up a sign and balloons.

LOL! Our cousin told us that Princess once did that to their cabin door, but they took down the tacky decorations immediately as soon as they saw them.

Guess there are some people who like that sort of stuff, while others don't.

He wrote a comment suggesting that Priincess should first ask people if they want such decorations before putting them up, but doubts that it made any difference.

Whenever they took a Princess cruise after that, he just made sure to let their cabin attendant know not to let anyone do that.

LOL! Our cousin told us that Princess once did that to their cabin door, but they took down the tacky decorations immediately as soon as they saw them.

Guess there are some people who like that sort of stuff, while others don't.

He wrote a comment suggesting that Priincess should first ask people if they want such decorations before putting them up, but doubts that it made any difference.

Whenever they took a Princess cruise after that, he just made sure to let their cabin attendant know not to let anyone do that.

If they don't want them to do it, they shouldn't add the occasion on their Cruise Personalizer. I don't think the decorations are "tacky". They make it easier to see which cabin is yours too.

Edited by sherryf

I put up a laminated cruise critic sign along with some post cards from our state. If our cruise happens to be around a holiday like Valentines Day I have put up some of the clingy decorations that I got at the dollar store.

I asked the NCL rep what they do for anniversary's and she said they will send a card to your room to get some kind of mini cake.

I did a fairly elaborate "Alaska" door twice. I forget what all was on them, but the feature thing was Nanook the Beanie Baby husky. Both times, my pooch was stolen, so I don't do it anymore. They're only worth $2, but some people just have no class :(

Edited by huskyguy

I have decorated my door on Caribbean Cruises - plan to do a Frozen theme for Alaska with Olaf and something to signify my Birthday - since it will fall during the cruise.

It just makes it easier to find my stateroom in a sea of doors.