Paradise Island(Carnival Shore Excursion) vs. Mr. Sanchos vs. Nachi Cocom

Cheetah474

Hi Everyone,

I would love your input and advice on this question. My family (dh, dd(12) and I) will be on a Carnival cruise is late August with a stop in Cozumel. We've been to Coz before and did a beach visit on our own. This time, I'm trying to decide the following:

1. Paradise Isle via powered Catamaran

2. Mr. Sancho - all inclusive

3. Nachi-Cocom - all inclusive

DD and I want to snorkel. DD *may* (depending on how cool she looks and feels that day) want to use the water toys and DH just wants to hang out on the beach and eat and drink. I've read lots of posts and can't really decide. When I did the prices, I was pretty surprised to learn that the cost was about the same for each location. So any help in this decision would be great!!

I have not done the Paradise island excursion - cannot help with that one.

Nachi may be a bit quiet for your 12 year old, and there are no water toys -- but you can see the toys at other clubs down the beach which may lead to you taking a long/expensive walk to the toys.

Mr. Sanchos AI offers everything my two daughters like - music, pool, beach, water toys, etc.

Neither Mr. Sanchos or Nachi will offer very good snorkeling unless you take an excursion (about $30-35 per person) that takes you out to the reefs. Waves and sand tend to cloud the water and unless there is some rocks and reefs for the little fish to hide/live in you will not see much.

Good luck!

I have been to Nachi Cocom and Mr Sanchos. We are doing PASSION ISLAND (not Paradise...you might have these 2 mixed up since you take the catamaran to Passion and not to Paradise) in November.

I have reviews on both Nachi and Sanchos listed in my signature line with TONS of pictures you are welcome to read and be able to see the place. If you have a 12 year old, they would probably prefer Mr Sanchos since they have a huge pool (and a smaller pool) and inflatable water toys if they are in to that. :) I also hear that Passion Island has water toys as well.

I have been to Nachi Cocom and Mr Sanchos. We are doing PASSION ISLAND (not Paradise...you might have these 2 mixed up since you take the catamaran to Passion and not to Paradise) in November.

I have reviews on both Nachi and Sanchos listed in my signature line with TONS of pictures you are welcome to read and be able to see the place. If you have a 12 year old, they would probably prefer Mr Sanchos since they have a huge pool (and a smaller pool) and inflatable water toys if they are in to that. :) I also hear that Passion Island has water toys as well.

I'm trying to decide between Mr. Sanchos, Paradise Beach and Passion Island. thank you for always sharing your info. Helps to make the decisions a little easier. :) I've read the info on Mr. Sanchos and it seems like you can't go wrong. Paradise Beach looks a little less expensive. Have you been to Passion Island? We have 4 ships in port the day we will be in Coz. Not sure if they makes a difference or not.

I'm trying to decide between Mr. Sanchos, Paradise Beach and Passion Island. thank you for always sharing your info. Helps to make the decisions a little easier. :) I've read the info on Mr. Sanchos and it seems like you can't go wrong. Paradise Beach looks a little less expensive. Have you been to Passion Island? We have 4 ships in port the day we will be in Coz. Not sure if they makes a difference or not.

4 ships is not an especially busy day for Coz.

Paradise Beach is strictly pay-as-you-go (with a $5 admission fee), while Mr. Sanchos offers both an All-inclusive side and a pay-as-you-go side. Be sure that you are nto comparing margaritas to gin & tonics. :rolleyes:

I have not been to Passion Island....YET. We are going in November.

4 ships in Cozumel is considered a slow day for there. They can handle a lot more than that. We have been there before with 8 ships in port. :)

I was extremely disappointed with Mr. Sanchos. The drinks were watered down (no tequila shots???), the food was very bland, and the waves and sand, as someone mentioned, made the water get quite a bit cloudy. I will say that the swim up bar was fantastic, but not enough to make me want to try it again.

If you hang out and make friends with the bartender, you will get knock-me-down strength Margaritas if that's what you're into. I'm still living down the teasing from my husband over my the really fun day I had at Mr. Sancho's!

We are sailing next Sunday. Working on our budget and how much cash to take. Mr Sanchos says they accept Visa.. So thought about using Credit Card there. In Roatan we are going to Little French Key. Noticed they charged a 15% fee to use a credit card. Do you know if Mr Sanchos charges extra to use a credit card. I hate to carry that much cash.

BTW: Thanks for all of your input.

I used a credit card last month there and was not charged any extra. I reserved ahead of time (small deposit)through Beach Tours Mexico to save $5/each. It was easy and I didn't have any problems. We did not have any problem getting a cabana to use while there without paying extra. Out of the 13 cabanas only 2 were "reserved".

I used a credit card last month there and was not charged any extra. I reserved ahead of time (small deposit)through Beach Tours Mexico to save $5/each. It was easy and I didn't have any problems. We did not have any problem getting a cabana to use while there without paying extra. Out of the 13 cabanas only 2 were "reserved".

Thank you. I did make reservations. Looking forward to it! Did you do anything extra that was not included in the all inclusive?

We booked mr sanchos through cozumel watersports, everything went flawless, had a great time, get the coconut shrimp, and beef fajitas, and ask for the good hot sauce ... margaritas never quit, we started by tipping our waiter 10.00, think we gave him like 5.00 more 2 different times, and our drinks were perfect, so was food, the vendors all haggle some, so don't pay full price, rent a locker for 10.00, they give your money back when you return your key, what we did was just add 1.00 and got mr sanchos tee shirt -- lol, they are 11.00

when you first go through the gate, the girl on your left (vendor) will deal like you wont believe .. we bought some jewelry off her, (home made), wife got earrings and necklace, cheap, i got a necklace, with some sorta stone (polished) and she even made it longer right there, for i think it was 7 or 8 bucks...

beach is clean, restrooms clean

115.jpg.3d33b058f629fb015ee07f7f7768bf7a.jpg

107.jpg.6024cf873cc632e80b0debaaa125faed.jpg

Edited by griz400

We didn't do anything extra. I was happy(maybe too happy) chugging down the super strong margaritas. We ate fajitas and quesadillas, delicious. We didn't have enough time there! We didn't even use the lockers. We just left our things at the cabana. Have a great day.