Explorer of the seas refurbishment

Can anyone tell me when this ship is going into dry dock. We are looking at a trip in early My 2015 out of Southampton and hope it has been updated by then as from recent reviews it seems quite run down. Also do suite passengers have the use of portofinos for breakfast or Lunch?

Many thanks for the information.

Polly

Can anyone tell me when this ship is going into dry dock. We are looking at a trip in early My 2015 out of Southampton and hope it has been updated by then as from recent reviews it seems quite run down. Also do suite passengers have the use of portofinos for breakfast or Lunch?

Polly

Feb 2015

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/Flyers/12028421_Revit_QuickReference_Guide.pdf

Hope this helps

I think it may have been moved to march as only one march sailing available. But should be done before you sail

Edited by Spurschick

As with everything else, you're comment about reading other posts that the ship is run down, is totally a matter of opinion. We were recently on the Explorer and in our view, the ship is still beautiful and very we'll maintained. Is the ship older than others? Of course, but I hope that wouldn't classify it as run down.

Whether you boarded before or after a dry dock, I'm sure you have nothing to be concerned about. I have found there are groups of people that post less than favorable comments on most things in life, and love to stretch the truth. When it comes to cruising, many also feel they are the most important person in the world, and, if not treated that way on board, or pampered the way their ego thinks, any little thing will be posted less than positive.

Enjoy...you will still love the Explorer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

As with everything else, you're comment about reading other posts that the ship is run down, is totally a matter of opinion. We were recently on the Explorer and in our view, the ship is still beautiful and very we'll maintained. Is the ship older than others? Of course, but I hope that wouldn't classify it as run down.

Thanks for adding this. We're booked on the Explorer in September and I'm glad to hear that it's still in good shape.

You're right about keeping your expectations realistic too. You cannot expect Ritz-Carlton-like accommodations for Holiday Inn prices. :)

Polly

Suite passengers do have access to Portofino's for breakfast.