Anyone Have Info on CDF Croisieres de France- Horizon

richstowe

Is anyone interested in forming a group to set up a tour in Gibraltar? Prices go down as numbers go up. I will be booking something by the end of this week, but would be happy to see if we can get a group together first. Let me know.

Is anyone interested in forming a group to set up a tour in Gibraltar? Prices go down as numbers go up. I will be booking something by the end of this week, but would be happy to see if we can get a group together first. Let me know.

Hi, what did you have in mind? Cable car? Barbary Apes? Tunnels/Caves?

Hi, what did you have in mind? Cable car? Barbary Apes? Tunnels/Caves?

Here's what I am considering with Rock Tours Gibraltar, and the price quote they sent me:

The intermediate tour takes approximately 3.30 hours this consists of

7 stops which includes 100 Tonne Gun, Europa Point, The Pillars of

Hercules, St Michaels Cave, Interaction with our Rock Apes, the Great

Siege tunnels and The Moorish Castle. After visiting sights I would

then drive down through the old town and would also drive over the

airport runway towards the Spanish border just meters away from Spain

you will even see Spanish Customs at work, on this excursion we get to

drive 360 degrees (east/south side) around Gibraltar so you don’t get

to miss out on anything.

A party of 2 persons would pay £370.00 pounds sterling tickets

included.(£185.00)Per Person

A party of 3 persons would pay £375.00 pounds sterling tickets

included.(£125.00)Per Person

A party of 4 persons would pay £380.00 pounds sterling tickets

included.(£95.00) Per Person

A party of 5 persons would pay £385.00 pounds sterling tickets

included.(£77.00)Per Person

A party of 6 persons would pay £390.00 pounds sterling tickets

included.(£65.00)Per Person

A party of 7 persons would pay £395.00 pounds sterling tickets

included.(£57.00)Per Person

A party of 8 persons would pay £400.00 pounds sterling tickets

included.(£50.00)Per Person

Hi, list doesn't mention the cablecar, guess you will drive up to the Top Of The Rock and drive back down again.

Interaction with apes does not always end happily, they are absolutely not cute and cuddly but quite vicious and love candy, can recognize it from a distance even in a bag, specially a Marks and Spencers bag, and don't care what they have to do to get it.

Several tourists a day go for hospital treatment for bites, the apes don't have rabies but its unpleasant.

And if an ape runs off with your bag or camera you really stand little chance of getting it back as they run off down rough scrubby mountainside well out of reach.

Edited by Griller

Hola from San Juan-Puerto Rico.

I am thinking of embarking in Martinique.

I just took a one week-long CDF Horizon cruise in January 2015.

I liked the ship! It is a 3 star cruise but really nice.

Thanks.

Peace,

Rosaligia Álvarez

Puerto Rico

rosaligiaa@hotmail.com

Edited by Reinamaga

Hi, list doesn't mention the cablecar, guess you will drive up to the Top Of The Rock and drive back down again.

Interaction with apes does not always end happily, they are absolutely not cute and cuddly but quite vicious and love candy, can recognize it from a distance even in a bag, specially a Marks and Spencers bag, and don't care what they have to do to get it.

Several tourists a day go for hospital treatment for bites, the apes don't have rabies but its unpleasant.

And if an ape runs off with your bag or camera you really stand little chance of getting it back as they run off down rough scrubby mountainside well out of reach.

:eek: Hmm - we are rethinking this. Doing some more research. May just wing it and do our own thing. Thanks!

My wife and I are booked on the T.A April11th we arrive Santo Domingo on April 9th late

we have reservations at Antiguo Hotel Europa. We are flying from West Coast on AA, with change in Miami then to Santo Domingo. Guess we will be eating in airports as there is no food given by AA on a 12 hour flight.....Hope to see all posters on the cruise...

DrJay

This is on CDF website

La formule Tout Inclus actuelle est valable pour les départs jusqu'au 11 Avril 2015 inclus.

Which means that the all inclusive cruise is good for departures through 11 April 2015.

I was told by the TA that this was the LAST all inclusive cruise on Horizon...(HOPE SO)

DrJay, in addition, as printed from the English translation off the CDF site "For all departures effective April 22, 2015, cruises are offered now in full Board with the possibility ' buy beverage packages"

I believe this is the first CDF cruise departure in the Mediterranean after our departure on April, 11, which would further clarify that our cruise is the "last" to offer a beverage package at no charge.

My wife and I are booked on the T.A April11th we arrive Santo Domingo on April 9th late

we have reservations at Antiguo Hotel Europa. We are flying from West Coast on AA, with change in Miami then to Santo Domingo. Guess we will be eating in airports as there is no food given by AA on a 12 hour flight.....Hope to see all posters on the cruise...

DrJay

Hi @DrJay. Glad you will be joining us on the cruise. My husband and I are arriving in Santa Domingo on 4/8 and are lodging at a B&B in the Colonial Zone - about a half a mile from where you are staying. We are open to meeting up sometime before the cruise if you are interested. Thanks for sharing the news about the AI too - there has been so much conflicting information given out about this - I'm hoping this is right! :)

Edited by collfosh

This is on CDF website

La formule Tout Inclus actuelle est valable pour les départs jusqu'au 11 Avril 2015 inclus.

Which means that the all inclusive cruise is good for departures through 11 April 2015.

I was told by the TA that this was the LAST all inclusive cruise on Horizon...(HOPE SO)

HERE IS MESSAGE FROM TRAVEL AGENT (IN FRANCE)

Je vous confirme que cette croisière sera bien en tout inclus, avec les boissons illimitées.

A titre d'information, c'est la dernière croisière de Croisières de France qui fonctionnera ainsi, pour les croisières suivantes, le tout inclus ne sera plus par défaut, mais optionnel.

I confirm that this cruise will be all inclusive, with unlimited drinks.

For your information , this is the last Cruises cruise France that will work well for the following cruises, all inclusive will not be by default but optional

• 2 weeks later...

Got my official ticket today from CDF for the T/A on April 11th, states unlimited drinks on it, I'm not a big drinker but it looks like being a happy cruise............if I was on Princess again it would have cost me double for the cruise even after my large OBC and another $800 or so for the drinks package.

I'm going to miss my free internet and laundry but can live without it.

And the Euro is sinking like a lead balloon now, so we are doing OK with this ship and itinerary and destination. Will probably be a dollar for a euro before long the way its going.

Edited by Griller

Got my official ticket today from CDF for the T/A on April 11th, states unlimited drinks on it, I'm not a big drinker but it looks like being a happy cruise............if I was on Princess again it would have cost me double for the cruise even after my large OBC and another $800 or so for the drinks package.

I'm going to miss my free internet and laundry but can live without it.

And the Euro is sinking like a lead balloon now, so we are doing OK with this ship and itinerary and destination. Will probably be a dollar for a euro before long the way its going.

Not so fast Griller, take a closer look at the "ticket". Says 7 nights of all inclusive drink package. Wonder if I can take mine one night on, one night off?

We are traveling around Europe for a week after the cruise, so the drop in the euro is welcome.

Not so fast Griller, take a closer look at the "ticket". Says 7 nights of all inclusive drink package. Wonder if I can take mine one night on, one night off?

We are traveling around Europe for a week after the cruise, so the drop in the euro is welcome.

I saw that within a heartbeat of receiving the e-tickets, didn't want to cloud the issue so did not mention it on here, but I straightaway emailed VTG who replied:

Hi ,

It's is All-Inclusive for 14 days.

It states 7 days because that's the default number of days for this ship. The cruise line has not updated their system for this sailing.

Regards,

Marcelo Bogani

Asesor de Viajes / Travel Counselor

Pretty dumb to knowingly send out something with bad info, also I wish I understood some of the other English they use like "Convocation will be at 1pm"

Convocation ??????? WTH?

Anyway its kinda fun, if slightly concerning, to do this voyage, not like going on Princess for the 55th time, which is like slipping into a comfy old pair of slippers, no worries and totally predictable.

Edited by Griller

Hola. Hope you are fine.

I am travelling on the CDF Horizon Transtlantic April 2015.

I took this cruise on January 2015 and liked it!

It is trilingual: French, Spanish English.

The alcohol is included.

I am travelling solo: 63, psychologist, Puerto Rican.

Who else is travelling solo?

Thanks.

peace

Rosaliggia Alvarez

Puerto Rico

Hi!

I came across this cruise in January, however, I was in the middle of a project so couldn't follow through, by the time I did, it was sold out. The price was so good I couldn't believe it, of course it sold out! Then I happened to check the other day, it was available again, so we jumped on it right away.

We are from Texas, although my husband is originally Canadian, his name is John, (goes by "J"), I am Judy, and my brother Greg will also be traveling with us.

Looking forward to this "adventure", our passed cruises were Princess, Carnival, Celebrity, and Azamara, so this one is totally new to us! Air is booked, now trying to find accommodations in Santo Domingo, and also Barcelona, two nights each. Any recommendations?

Thanks, this should be fun!

Hi!

I came across this cruise in January, however, I was in the middle of a project so couldn't follow through, by the time I did, it was sold out. The price was so good I couldn't believe it, of course it sold out! Then I happened to check the other day, it was available again, so we jumped on it right away.

We are from Texas, although my husband is originally Canadian, his name is John, (goes by "J"), I am Judy, and my brother Greg will also be traveling with us.

Looking forward to this "adventure", our passed cruises were Princess, Carnival, Celebrity, and Azamara, so this one is totally new to us! Air is booked, now trying to find accommodations in Santo Domingo, and also Barcelona, two nights each. Any recommendations?

Thanks, this should be fun!

Glad you'll be joining us Judy! My husband and I are from Texas too! We booked an airbnb apartment in Barcelona. Stayed in one there last October and couldn't have been happier. We're at a B&B in Santa Domingo but she only has the one room so that won't help you. Check this thread for where the other's are staying.

In case you are interested - and any other's as well - any of you interested in meeting the other English speakers on this cruise, we're doing a quick meet up at the back of the ship at the Terrasse Et Grill at the beginning of sail away. Please wear Mardi Gras beads so we can find one another. :)

Hi to everyone,

We're Eileen & Sean from Leeds UK.

Just booked the Horizon transatlantic, a fantastic price! pleased to see there will be other English speaking onboard as our French is very limited.

Had a busy day yesterday booking flights & accommodation. Flying on the 7th April from Leeds to Madrid, then Madrid to Santo Domingo on the 8th. Used BA Avios airmiles so got a really good deal with the one-way flight. Booked the Crowne Plaza in Santo Domingo on points. Seans hobby of collecting airmiles & hotel points has certainly paid off again.

CDF is completely new to us and by searching threads for info came across this Roll Call. Will be at the Terrasse Et Grill at sailaway and look forward to meeting you all, now on the hunt for mardi gras beads

Hi Eileen / Sean, look forward to meeting you on board, did you book through a UK travel agency? I tried but couldn't, then a couple of months later I had an email telling me that CDF in UK were now being handled by some Fred Olsen subsidiary agency.

Anyway by then I had booked in US and it seemed a good price.