Is there a complete list for CHEERS

valandemmy

I am trying to convince my wife for us to get the Cheers program on this trip. We are not big drinkers, but we will usually buy a couple of drinks a day 2-3 a person....

Is there a complete list of drinks (other than just the anything under 10 bucks)...Like a list of the drinks AND the prices...just so we could see what we could and couldnt get?

I don't know of a complete list on the Carnival website. There is an independent we page, zydeco Cruiser, and a lot of the drink menus are on there.

The cocktails are 8.95-ish each plus tip. All but a couple of the wines are less than $10.

At around $53 per person, the break - even point for Cheers is between 5 and 6 drinks per person per day.

If you only drink 2-3 a day it would not be cost- effective.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Cruise Critic App

This is from Feb/2104

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/Carnival-Bar-Menu/CarnivalCruiseBarMenu.htm

If you use the well brand for drinks like gin and tonic, rum and coke, etc., those can run about $6 and some change with the 15% gratuity. Even with a $10 drink, you would have to drink almost 6 of those a day to break even. I think the Cheers package is more like $58 with the gratuity per person per day.

2-3 drinks a day is a lot cheaper going the per drink route.

For just a few, not worth it. But also consider would you drink more if you got it. The second cruise I was on I limited myself a lot so I wouldn't have a big bill. Last cruise with cheers, I didn't go crazy, but I didn't worry about having wine with dinner.

Also consider soda, since cheers includes bottomless bubbles, soda will be free. If you're a heavy soda drinker... like me and probably 7 or 8 sprites a day, it adds up

In the original Cheers post there's a great excel spreadsheet with the prices of most drinks. I used it to help me decide if it was cost effective to get the Cheers package. It's amazing just how quickly you reach the breakeven point!

Freedom b2b Sept 2014

Splendor Jan 2014

Breeze Sept 2013

Imagination Sept 2013

Triumph Sept 2008

Pride Sept 2007

Miracle Sept 2006

Here's another good Cheers Program review including a "breakeven" amount for each type of drink.

http://www.cruisewithgambee.com/carnival-cheers-program-drink-package/

Like others have said: 2 -3 drinks per day per person will NOT save you money (on the contrary, you'll pay more). If you were to buy the most expensive drink allowed on the program ($9.50 glass of wine), you would have to drink 5 every day.

Hope this helps!

I was not aware that the Cheers program included the Bottomless Bubbles also. Do the cokes you buy count toward your 15 drinks? I am sure they don't but wanted to make sure. We are planning on getting the Cheers program because my husband is a heavy drinker and I can drink more than 6-7 a day easily on a vacation. This is our first cruise and I just want to make sure I have all the information before boarding so there are no surprises! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was not aware that the Cheers program included the Bottomless Bubbles also. Do the cokes you buy count toward your 15 drinks? I am sure they don't but wanted to make sure. We are planning on getting the Cheers program because my husband is a heavy drinker and I can drink more than 6-7 a day easily on a vacation. This is our first cruise and I just want to make sure I have all the information before boarding so there are no surprises! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No, non alcohol drinks do not count toward your 15. So, you can have unlimited sodas and virgin cocktails.