Departure question

We will be sailing on the Brillance in October. It arrives back to Boston at 5:30 a.m. would an 8:30 flight out to Denver be chancing it or do you think we'll have plenty of time to get to the airport if we walk our bags off the ship? Thanks!

While the Dawn usually arrives in Boston quite early in the morning, I'm not sure what time the Customs officials come on duty to clear the ship and screen passengers who are getting off. Making it to Logan airport in time for an 8:30 am flight would, to my mind,be extremely iffy even if you walk off with your luggage. Logan is quite close so perhaps someone can tell us what time they usually start disembarking passengers. Unless they start processing passengers before 7 am, it might be difficult to get to the airport, check in and get through security in time for such an early flight especially on a Friday. I'd make sure I had a good back up plan in case you miss that flight.

In a word - no. Logan is one of the most inefficient airports on the east coast, and even if you are the first ones off the ship, you probably won't even make it through their security until after 9AM - if you can get through their obscene traffic flow just getting to the terminal.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Given that it is the first time back in the US it may also have some delays in clearance. Other people have reported delays either when a ship repositions to a new port or when the ship gets back to the US for the first time after being in Europe/Asia/Australia.

We will be sailing on the Brillance in October. It arrives back to Boston at 5:30 a.m. would an 8:30 flight out to Denver be chancing it or do you think we'll have plenty of time to get to the airport if we walk our bags off the ship? Thanks!

Having disembarked in Boston twice, I would never book a flight earlier than 11AM.

Given that it is the first time back in the US it may also have some delays in clearance. Other people have reported delays either when a ship repositions to a new port or when the ship gets back to the US for the first time after being in Europe/Asia/Australia.

The October 5th cruise on Brilliance is a 7 day Canada/NE Cruise. The TA from Harwich is August 19th.

Edited by cruisenfever

We opted for a 10:10 departure flight and hope we make our flight. Need to get back to Denver before 3:00 p.m. and we decided to chance it. Crossing my fingers we'll be ok.

Definitely walk off with your luggage so you get off as early as possible.

Definitely walk off with your luggage so you get off as early as possible.

That is what we plan to do. We've done it several times before and I am hoping since we will be in a suite perhaps the Concierge can help us to get off as quickly as possible.