Chichen Itza with RCI in Sept 2014

Has anyone booked Chichen Itza excursion online for sail date 9/7/14 on the Allure? We would like to but unable to see that excursion offered on RCI's website. We called RCI but the rep couldn't find that excursion either. So we emailed cruise planner and the reply said it MAY offer but they are in the process of updating RCI website and to keep checking back. The sail date is in 56 days.

I find it odd that the cruise planner does not know. How am I suppose to book this sail date without knowing if I can go to Chichen Itza?

Has anyone booked Chichen Itza excursion online for sail date 9/7/14 on the Allure? We would like to but unable to see that excursion offered on RCI's website. We called RCI but the rep couldn't find that excursion either. So we emailed cruise planner and the reply said it MAY offer but they are in the process of updating RCI website and to keep checking back. The sail date is in 56 days.

I find it odd that the cruise planner does not know. How am I suppose to book this sail date without knowing if I can go to Chichen Itza?

The trip to Chichen Itza takes 12 to 14 hours. How long is your ship in port? As awesome as Chichen Itza is, you would be better going to one of the closer ruins. Even the private tour companies don't recommend the tour for cruise ship passengers in Cozumel. You would need a ship stoping in Progresso to take that tour.

I would never book a cruise for an excursion unless you enjoy being disappointed.

The trip to Chichen Itza takes 12 to 14 hours. How long is your ship in port? As awesome as Chichen Itza is, you would be better going to one of the closer ruins. Even the private tour companies don't recommend the tour for cruise ship passengers in Cozumel. You would need a ship stoping in Progresso to take that tour.

We recently took the ship excursion to Chichen itza because of the distance you must travel to reach the ruins. We got back to the ship with plenty of time to spare. The trip is 2 1/2 hours hours each way including the ferry ride. We had two hours at the ruins which I thought wasn't enough time at first but found it plenty of time to see everything. The first 45 minutes our

guide gave us a narrated guided tour which was very informative. I highly reccomend the tour if seeing the ruins are an priority.

I am glad that smeck enjoyed the excursion, but I would not travel 6 hours in order to spend 2 hours at a destination.

But I just wanted to add: Those prices are great! Just book that cruise and GO!!!!!

We also did the Chichen Itza and enjoyed it very much. The travel time actually didn't seem that bad, it went by pretty fast to me. . The only downside was how hot it was there, but we took a cooling towel and that helped. I hope you are able to book it, I would recommend going.

We recently took the ship excursion to Chichen itza because of the distance you must travel to reach the ruins. We got back to the ship with plenty of time to spare. The trip is 2 1/2 hours hours each way including the ferry ride. We had two hours at the ruins which I thought wasn't enough time at first but found it plenty of time to see everything. The first 45 minutes our

guide gave us a narrated guided tour which was very informative. I highly reccomend the tour if seeing the ruins are an priority.

What time did you get back to the ship? I want to be able to check out Cozumel shops after the tour before reboarding. How many people were on the tour? Was it only RCI or did they combine with other cruise ship passengers? Did you pack food for the long drive? Do I need to bring my passport?

What time did you get back to the ship? I want to be able to check out Cozumel shops after the tour before reboarding. How many people were on the tour? Was it only RCI or did they combine with other cruise ship passengers? Did you pack food for the long drive? Do I need to bring my passport?

1. We had plenty of time to shop on our return. Don't remember the time but we were not rushed. You'll be tired doubt you'll do much shopping.

2. They had quite a few very comftable coaches. Not sure of the number but I believe it was the most popular excursion.

3. No we were not combined with any other cruise line but honestly it really wouldn't make a difference.

4. The tour provides a box lunch which was plenty, also at the ruins you can buy snacks if hungry.

5. No passports are required.

I was surprised how many people went on that excursion. But it wasn't at all crowded at the ruins. I was also surprised at how good the sack lunches were because some reviews I had seen made it sound like a bit of tuna and crackers. But we got big hoagie sandwiches, chips, a banana, a drink, and a treat. I can't remember what treat but I remember it was good. I scarfed mine down too fast though (on the way there), so I was hungry on the way back, but my husband and friends were smart enough to save half or all of theirs and they were fine.

I think we got back to the ship around sailing time, so not much time to shop. The was a long line to get through security, though, so you may be able to slip to a few places first. We weren't the only excursion getting back that close and since it was a ship excursion they were waiting. I'm pretty sure it was just RCI people cause we all followed each other from the ship to the meeting point to the busses.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk