Best Deck for OV?

Stateroom_Sailor

We have our first OV on the Celebrity Millennium coming up in a few weeks. Prior to this we had a balcony and promenade cabin, and are enjoying trying the different rooms types. Through the OV guaranteed, we're on the 2nd deck, port side, about midships. Is this an ideal deck for an OV, or is the livelihood of waves dirtying up the window overshadow the view?

We're also on the 4th deck for Carnival Elation in a porthole cabin. Apples and Oranges of course, including convenience to the main deck up one flight of stares, but it will be interesting to compare.

We like the midship OV on deck three that were recently added. Large windows, spectacular view of the waves as one cruises.

I would not want as the waves at that level , make me feel nauseous

Same waves looking out a balcony is fine

A friend was in Oceanview on the bow, for a TA ,she found it to be very noisy there

We prefer deck 3, midship, as it is convenient in the evenings. You get a nice view out the windows. I can't recall if we've ever had deck 2 on that class. The higher oceanview cabins are too far forward (I get seasick).

We recently completed a TA crossing with an OV on deck 2 midship. We had no problems with waves obscuring our view. There was also very definitely less sensation of motion than on the higher decks. DH tends to get sea sick and tolerated this cabin very we'll.

We recently completed a TA crossing with an OV on deck 2 midship. We had no problems with waves obscuring our view. There was also very definitely less sensation of motion than on the higher decks. DH tends to get sea sick and tolerated this cabin very we'll.

I'm guessing we will like deck 2 or 3 best for OV. We originally had an OV for $809, downgraded to an inside for $449 after a price drop, then returned to an OV for $599 after final payment date. Our inside was deck 9, all the way forward. Glad we switched back!