Hotels Park and Cruise FLL

Toad

I have read the FLL site, but would really appreciate ideas from recent HAL cruisers on where to leave the car in FLL, that would be safe for a 10 day cruise in November. We are driving from the East Coast and would stay in the hotel for a couple of days pre-cruise. Any suggestions?

Also please let me know if there is an additional cost.

Edited by Toad

When we were in FLL last I checked the Courtyard Marriott on the beach since we are Marriott Rewards members, the valet park cost was $17/day which I felt quite expensive when we can park at the pier in the port for I believe $15/day. That's the only one I checked.

In December when we do the 14 day holiday trip we'll park in the garage at Pier 26.

Good luck

We've used both the mid-port garage and Park'N Go, which is located just off the port property on Eller Drive.

The mid-port garage has been very convenient to the usual HAL terminals but costs $15 per day. We've not had any problems with this location.

Park'N Go is generally half that cost if you pre-reserve online (and pay) and often offers various discounts if you are a frequent user, military, etc. You'll take a short, free shuttle ride between terminal and location. Shuttles have always been waiting when we've debarked. You generally will have to leave your vehicle keys. We've never had a problem with this location either.

Several motels in the area offer stay and park programs, but as we live within a few hours drive, we don't need to stay overnight. If you look at the various hotels in the area online, many mention their programs. The big hotels near the port generally do charge a daily parking fee though as mentioned above.

Usually we go with Park'N Go on longer cruises and the mid-port garage on shorter cruises.

Edited by 0bnxshs

We've used Park N Go and been happy. You could look up Park Sleep Cruise to find hotels that offer free parking if you stay there and also check out the Fort Lauderdale forum on tripadvisor.

If you do find a park/cruise hotel check the reviews on tripadvisor.

We've been happy getting a hotel on priceline or with points and using park n go. Remember since you have a car you don't have to stay in Fort Lauderdale pre-cruise.

With their park and cruise package ..... We stay at the Holiday Inn Express, Ft Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Hyw 84 954-828-9905

It's reasonable, was clean and has breakfast included. It's across the street from a shopping center with a large Publix grocery store.

The package includes a shuttle to the port. You can take a taxi back or like we did, pay for the shuttle back to the hotel. It was convenient and waiting when we disembarked.

We stay at Rodeway Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale on State Rd 84.You can leave your car there up to 14 days. They have special parking area. It is clean & comfortable, nice breakfast in the morning. There is a shuttle service (Free) to and from the port. There are always lot of cruise passengers. Prices vary depending on season, but its reasonable once you include the parking, breakfast & shuttle.

We have also used Rodeway several times; family from the east coast have driven there to meet us and left their car their, all ok but not gated. Check out website Stay123 for cruise and park options.

Rodeway caters to cruisers but is not luxury, more budget with good amenities, some folks on these boards dis them but they really do focus on cruisers and many of us a happy to find a good deal. Rooms are basic motel style but very comfortable beds, many rooms have been remodeled with tile floors and very clean; newly landscaped and attractive pool area, lots of shade, you may get a second floor room (ask for ground floor) but staff will take your bags upstairs if you ask them to. Good breakfast buffet with at least some protein but go early (get your breakfast ticket at check-in), good shuttle to ship (sign up the night before in the appropriate ring-binder at the front desk and come early for the shuttle! Shutel back from ship is longer wait, some give up and take a taxi for $10) good WiFi, restaurant/bar on site with ok food but you'll have a car and can get to other options. Strip malls within a couple of miles for sundries, wine, etc. Happy travels, m--

We routinely stay at the Hampton Inn in Plantation, which while not at the beach does have a free shuttle to (and from but you may have a bit of a wait) the port. You need to make your reservation for the shuttle when you check in. Have found their prices to be reasonable and much lower than equivalent mid-priced hotels closer to the port / beach. The hotel only charges $8 per day to leave your car in their lot as part of their Park and Cruise service once you register your car. They used to offer a discount after 7 days (or was this way last year). We have never had a problem leaving our car in their lot and once (before the per day charge) left it for 92 days. They have a decent free breakfast, it is quiet as tucked into an area of offices, nice pool and work out room, free computer center with printer. If you need anything, they are across the street from a major shopping mall.

Edited by take us away

We stayed in the Hilton Garden Inn in Dania Beach last fall when we went on our 42 day Atlantic Adventure Cruise on the Maasdam. They give you the first 21 days for free. The second 21 days cost us $55. Their lot is gated and patrolled. Our SUV was in good condition after the 42 days. Since your cruise is only 10 days you can park for free. The cost of the shuttle was $8pp each trip. You can purchase the return trip ticket at the hotel before you leave. They give you a receipt and a sticker to put on your clothing to show the shuttle driver you have paid and they take you back to the hotel. There was a large shopping center across the street from the hotel.

:) We always go to www.stay123 They list all hotels at all the ports and airports with prices (cheaper than going direct to the hotel) amenities and costs or info on shuttles and parking. We stayed at the Sheraton Suites in Plantation in January and left our vehicle there free for the whole 68 day cruise. free shuttle to the port and free full breakfast you could choose off the menu or buffet. They list about 10 for Ft. Lauderdale cruiseport.

Thank you all for your kind and reasonable answers. When looking for a hotel in FLL, it is easy to get overwhelmed with all of the choices, so your thoughts and insights will help me make this decision.

Anyone else please feel free to add to this list.

There's a large construction project going on at the airport. It's scheduled to be completed by the time you sail, but I would hedge my bets and stay north of the airport to avoid the mess. That would be the Fort Lauderdale side of the channel / airport and not the Hollywood / Dania Beach side.

You will have plenty of choices in a variety of price ranges. If you do decide to be on the "wrong side" of the construction, just factor in a little extra travel time. 20 to 30 minutes should be sufficient. Have a great trip!

We routinely stay at the Hampton Inn in Plantation, .........................

Ditto all that take us away said. Additionally there is a little deli right across the parking lot with very good food. The pool is also very nice. The staff is the greatest!

We, too, have stayed at this Sheritan and have our reservations already for our 25 day Maasdam cruise in Dec - Jan. Parking is free and is under a roof adjacent to the hotel so your vehicle is not out in the FL sun. We ate in the bar area both nights this past December - good food. I think we paid for our breakfast and the shuttle.

We also stayed at the Hampton Inn two years ago and ate at the deli across the parking lot - really good food and the owner was so eager to please.

I recommend either one of these hotels?

Mary Jane

Edited by cruisenfreak

Thanks so much. I guess I can relate better to HAL cruiser's to I always appreciate their recommendations. I am looking into the above hotels. Is it called the Sheraton FLL? I found the Rodeway and the Hampton. I do like Hamptons and I would not have considered the Rodeway, but it too looks fine.

Thanks so much. I guess I can relate better to HAL cruiser's to I always appreciate their recommendations. I am looking into the above hotels. Is it called the Sheraton FLL? I found the Rodeway and the Hampton. I do like Hamptons and I would not have considered the Rodeway, but it too looks fine.

I don't think any of the Sheraton properties are simply called Sheraton FLL. There are a number of Sheraton properties in the area.