Ship's time?

I have had my shore excursion tickets through from the company (not RCI). They say to meet at local time and not ship's time. We are sailing from the UK around Europe. So will ship's time be UK time and not alter according to what country we are in. How will I know what the local time is at each port? Do I just have to work it out?

I get easily confused and I am worried that I will be late. I can see I'll have to keep altering my watch and I won't know where I am.

Don't worry! Every time you move into an area where there is a time-change, you will be informed about it beforehand in the "Cruise Compass". We have just returned from 12 days in the Eastern Med and had to put our watches forward an hour when we reached Barcelona and then another hour when we reached Athens and then put them back again when we got back to Italy and then back again at the end of the cruise. Can be confusing if you change your watches too early (our Cruise Compass always arrived during the evening of the day before and quite a few people changed their watches that night instead of the following night, resulting in missed appointments) I envy you having all this to look forward to. Have a great cruise!

I have had my shore excursion tickets through from the company (not RCI). They say to meet at local time and not ship's time. We are sailing from the UK around Europe. So will ship's time be UK time and not alter according to what country we are in. How will I know what the local time is at each port? Do I just have to work it out?

I get easily confused and I am worried that I will be late. I can see I'll have to keep altering my watch and I won't know where I am.

Ship's time may or may not match the local time. The cruise compass will tell you if there is a time change from UK time.

However, IF ship does not match local time, make sure you are back on board according to SHIP time. In fact, even if ship time DOES match local time, make sure you are back on board according to SHIP time.

Ask your excursion company what time the cruise USUALLY docks. Then look at your itinerary. That will give you general idea (although no guarantee) if the ship's time will change to local.

. How will I know what the local time is at each port? Do I just have to work it out?

I haven't read all your replies yet, but I can imagine you might get two answers that totally contradict each other and they will be told in absolute certainty. I have personally seen this done differently on the same ship a couple of years apart. I'll answer the question I highlighted above and it should help. Usually on each cruise there are announcements made daily about this. The Cruise Directors TV show which can usually be found running on the TV will specifically address this. They typically mentioned the night before or that morning what is going on at that port. Also if you go to a show the CD will frequently introduce the entertainment, but also have some info like this. Keep your ears open and you will do fine. The info may/usually is in the compass as well.