Bowling alley balcony ?

beacha

We are cruising on the Pride soon in a regular balcony on deck 7. There are 8 others in our group. I noticed that cabins 8234 and 8239 are still available for my dates. It would cost me $200 to move. When I called Carnival to inquire about switching, the rep told me they were handicapped rooms, and that there is a chance we could be moved. Has anyone had any experience with either one of these cabins? I'm wondering how likely it is that both rooms would be needed. We sail in a couple of weeks. Thanks for any thoughts CC members!

We are cruising on the Pride soon in a regular balcony on deck 7. There are 8 others in our group. I noticed that cabins 8234 and 8239 are still available for my dates. It would cost me $200 to move. When I called Carnival to inquire about switching, the rep told me they were handicapped rooms, and that there is a chance we could be moved. Has anyone had any experience with either one of these cabins? I'm wondering how likely it is that both rooms would be needed. We sail in a couple of weeks. Thanks for any thoughts CC members!

I have sailed in cabin 5236 of the Pride a number of times. This is the same "bowling ally" balcony cabin as the ones you posted only it is not an HC cabin.

I wouldn't risk it (booking an HC cabin). For one thing I wouldn't want to be on pins and needles up to sailing date wondering if I was going to be bumped.

We booked one for our cruise to Tahiti and Australia. I didn't know it was HA until after the booking was finished. My PVP finished the booking, then told me. I am not worried. If I am bumped, it still will be at least to an extended balcony.

We had 6234 on Legend in 2010. The balcony is huge. You won't believe it. The cabin is situated in a square design instead of oblong. One bed is right next to the wall. Of couse the beds probably convert to one bed if needed. There is no couch, which was the only negative thing for me. I loved that giant balcony. My friend who had the bed next to the wall said he felt cramped in that location, but I liked the room fine. I do see his point though.

Carnival's rep' told me they can move you if there is a customer who books, with a disability needing the features of the cabin, but they move you to a an equal category cabin or possibly better. I would think there would be less chance of that happening so close to the sail date. So I recommend it. Go for 8234. The location of 6234 was awesome too. The elevators were within a few steps, and no noise from them either. When I cruise I like a cabin as near to the aft elevators as possible, as it makes it convenient to the Lido buffet and aft bar. The aft bar on the Lido deck was one of my favorite evening hang outs.

I loved Legend, sister ship to Pride. Very nice ship with a convenient layout.