Questions about bringing our own drinks and keeping them cold...

Disneycruisers

All the refrigerator cabinets have a vent.

And, some don't work worth beans.

If you are able to open the (cabinet) door overnight, you can

ususally get the fridge cooler.

If I don't have a balcony cabin, I have placed my camera in

the cabinet with the fridge to warm it up, so it doesn't fog

when going out into humid air.

And, some don't work worth beans. Sometimes it is because the temperature setting (knob located inside the fridge) is not set to lowest point.

If you are able to open the (cabinet) door overnight, you can ususally get the fridge cooler. On some ships the fridge door is attached to the outer door, so opening the outer door also opens the fridge door.

see above in red

see above in red

Originally Posted by pablo222 View Post

Sometimes it is because the temperature setting (knob located inside the fridge) is not set to lowest point.

On some ships the fridge door is attached to the outer door, so opening the outer door also opens the fridge door.

Suprisingly, I have adjusted the refeer temp to the lowest setting

as well.

And, the connection between the refeer door and the cabinet door

is usually a slide -- which can be easily disconnected.

The refrigerator stays colder if you pop open the door to that cupboard a little. It gets pretty warm in there and the frig has to work extra hard to stay cold.

Great tip. I will remember this. I too bring Dr. Pepper onboard. It's the only soft drink I really like.

The stewards aren't paid to remove the items. There's no reason to hassle them to do so. Just stash them behind the TV.

I've had very cold refrigerators and marginal refrigerators. It depends on the cabin. Some are in need of replacement and others are either working great or have been replaced.

I take soda as well as I drink Mt. Dew and Princess doesn't stock that. I'm not a huge soda drinker but, when I do want a soda, I want my Dew! (Maybe it's an IT worker thing...)

??? If you stash them behind the TV they will either move them back to the refrigerator or move them from the cabin. I really appreciate room stewards but part of their job is to help you set up your cabin for your cruise pleasure whether that is to remove beverages you don't want, add a top sheet to your bed, etc.

Great tip. I will remember this. I too bring Dr. Pepper onboard. It's the only soft drink I really like.

??? If you stash them behind the TV they will either move them back to the refrigerator or move them from the cabin. I really appreciate room stewards but part of their job is to help you set up your cabin for your cruise pleasure whether that is to remove beverages you don't want, add a top sheet to your bed, etc.

They've just left them stashed behind the TV for us each time. We don't get charged for them and the steward returns them to the refrigerator after we leave.