crown princess new years eve

kllychpmn

I imagine most of the bars will have something going new years eve but does anybody know if there is a formal party maybe with dancing that must be signed up for early

Nothing that needs to "signed up for". There will be a large balloon-drop in the Atrium, dancing in the Wheelhouse and Explorer's Lounge, a party in Club Fusion and Skywalkers and a large party up on the main pool deck.

It will most likely be a formal night...

Edited by RickEk

We were on the Sapphire for New Years two winters ago. A very nice day is planned onboard. It was a formal night. We went to the main dining room for dinner and were given a hat and party horn. Throughout the ship there were events in all the public areas.

The balloon drop in the atrium was fantastic. On our ship, they did only red and white ones and had asked if possible to wear something red or white. (Well, I didn't know and didn't plan so wore silver.) There were many in the same boat with me.

We stood near the Alfredo's pizza place and watched as everyone danced in the middle of the floor. At almost midnight, the waitstaff came around with streamers for all of us. The count down was held live from New York via a TV. They streamed it on a big screen. Many of the staff had family members onboard and it was so fun to see everyone take a few minutes off from their duties to get to give kisses and hugs to their loved ones. Horns blared, streams thrown, balloons dropped. I was impressed.

Five minutes after the year started, the floor was void of all people, streamers and popped balloons scattered on the floor. Everyone went off to bed! (or to quieter spots.)

I was coming down with a cold and took a nap after dinner, got up in time to go stand off in a corner so I didn't get near anyone, and watched all the festivities! It was great. I'm sure you will enjoy it too!

Our last three cruises have involved New Years. On each of them, NYE was a formal night. Balloon drop in the grand atrium (and sometimes in other locales). Live band in the grand atrium (and other live music elsewhere too). The giant screen had the countdown going from one TV network feed.

On the Golden a few years ago, the party kept going til about 1am and then the CD invited everyone to Skywalkers to continue the dancing. We didn't go up there.

SANY0635_zps23af50a7.jpg

SANY0640_zpscc5e01e6.jpg

PC310300_zps78e5e8e9.jpg

PC310305_zpsc74dee08.jpg

SANY0638_zpsfcbe4530.jpg