Norwegian IConcierge App--Best Thing Ever!

RobC1116

We're cruising on Pride of America in January, and they have the app.

Here's a link:

https://www.ncl.com/apps#collapse5

I just want to know if it's worth the one-time fee of $9.99 per phone. Anybody know?

Yes, it’s worth it to us because we were able to stay in constant contact with our son. I can’t answer if it’s worth it to you.

Have used the app several times over the last few years. The cost on the Getaway was 14.99 last week. The app had significant connection issues for many users (perhaps there were too many users). Guest services ended up refunding the cost to many people on the last day. In prior years the app worked much better for me and I would try it again but at 14.99 pp it is starting to get expensive for a family of 4.

At same point in 2018 ?? - NCL is planning, they indicated, apparently, a switchover to its new iOS/Android App, "Cruise Norwegian" that has more listed functions & "enhanced" capabilities - upon signing in using one's profile & email address. It suggested that this iConcierege App will be phrased out, or ... maybe not ?? The new App has just been updated (revised Dec. 2017) but only works on the "Sky" - coming soon to the Bliss and other ships in the fleet.

NCL's track record on its I.T. products has been less than good to very good on my rating scale, suffice to say, until proven & shown to me otherwise ... it's installed on both of my device platforms - smartphone/iPhone and iPad/tablet formats.

If NCL is serious about their I.T. products; and, they should - it is a revenue for them - and the ship's WiFi infrastructure is maintained to keep up and work with it ... it's a win win & affordable product for everyone that wish to use it.

I remained puzzled why NCL is charging $9.99 on the BA and the Gem (and, other ships as well - from reports that I've seen last year) but continue to (??) charge $14.99 on the Getaway - for access to and use of its "paid" functions ... but, many features are free & require no additional fees.

Apps that worked most of time, maybe 75% - 85% or 95% of the time these days, simply ... isn't acceptable. Keep it simple, NCL and make it work @ the 98 percentile ... of course, tech geeks and those who don't mind paying for (and/or "expensing") a more reliable, faster & better satellite WiFi internet, are, still, waiting the full promised rollout from Spring 2017 - which, clearly, didn't happened across the fleet.

I just downloaded the app and it says that

"there is no charge to connect to the ship's wifi network to use iconcierge services."

Can anyone confirm?

Yes, this is correct. However, if you want to use the texting or calling features of the app, then you must pay the fee.