Internet minutes -- pre-purchase or onboard

DoulaAnn

Does anyone have any input on whether to purchase internet packages online or wait til we're on board? I can see there are "extra" minutes included if pre-purchased, but I just wondered if there was some sort of "special" the first day on board that might have extra minutes. I know I could probably look for free wifi on shore, but found on our last cruise that I really didn't have as much time for that as I thought I would.

And, yes, I remember that the speed moves about as fast as a crippled snail, but need to touch base with some business issues during this time.

Ann

Pre-purchase. You'll get more bonus minutes.

Right. The extra minutes with the pre-purchase are two times the extra minutes with the on board purchase the first two days of the cruise.

Note: If you are platinum or elite and thus entitled to a number of minutes in a free package, this can only be purchased (for $0) on board. There are no bonus minutes with this free package. Any package purchased in advance cannot be applied to this benefit.

We always pre-purchase to get the bonus minutes, and you will have a card in your cabin upon embarkation. Just take that to the internet cafe and they willl get you set up. You may also be able to set it up yourself from your cabin, but I usually go the the internet cafe to be sure all is done correctly.

Pam ...

Looks like it's pre-purchase for me with the bonus incentives, but how does the Ship know I have prepaid? Do I go to the Internet Cafe to "activate" my account once onboard?

When you first try to sign on to the Internet (in the name of the person associated with the package), the system should recognize that you have a purchased package. If it does not, see the Internet Cafe manager.

Don't forget to bring proof of purchase with you on the cruise.