Celebrating our 25th anniversary

Our upcoming Grandeur cruise is our first real vacation without our kids in 10 years. The following month is our 25th wedding anniversary. I know, some of you have shoes that are 25 years old, but it's still a biggish deal. We are not looking for attention on the ship so we haven't noted it when booking. Is there any reason to do so? I don't want a free drink or bottle of wine, but would they upgrade us to the open GS because of this, we are only Gold Members ( how can you not think about Austin Powers). We have emailed and called asking for a table for 2 in MDR. Would this insure that we get a table for 2?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Our upcoming Grandeur cruise is our first real vacation without our kids in 10 years. The following month is our 25th wedding anniversary. I know, some of you have shoes that are 25 years old, but it's still a biggish deal. We are not looking for attention on the ship so we haven't noted it when booking. Is there any reason to do so? I don't want a free drink or bottle of wine, but would they upgrade us to the open GS because of this, we are only Gold Members ( how can you not think about Austin Powers). We have emailed and called asking for a table for 2 in MDR. Would this insure that we get a table for 2?

I don't think your anniversary (Congratulations!) will have any effect on the probability of an upgrade. If you sent your dining request to rcldining@rccl.com, then you should get a confirmation back within a few days. If you don't, and it's 2-3 weeks before the cruise, then I'd email them again.

Also, did someone tell you about my shoes?

Edited by clarea

You can mention it or not....they don't do anything! I don't know why they even ask!

Yes, you will almost certainly get a 2-top....and if you don't, it's not the end of the world! You'll have ample time to be alone, even if you did happen to get tablemates. It actually makes dinner much more fun! If you choose MTD, then you will be seated alone for certain.

Just in case you weren't aware, cruising on an anniversary is so common that I think its a realistic thing to say on most of the cruises dozens of couples are on their anniversary and I wouldn't doubt if there was 100 couple or more on the bigger ships. I was on Voyager for our 25th, Allure for our 30th.

Celebrating your anniversary on a cruise is a great idea. We have done it in the past.

I would contact Royal Caribbean and book the GS. We cruised in a GS on the Radiance and still talk about how fantastic it was.

Happy anniversary. A cruise is a wonderful way to explore the world.

You can mention it or not....they don't do anything! I don't know why they even ask!

Yes, you will almost certainly get a 2-top....and if you don't, it's not the end of the world! You'll have ample time to be alone, even if you did happen to get tablemates. It actually makes dinner much more fun! If you choose MTD, then you will be seated alone for certain.

We did share a table for 4 on one cruise and they were boring, or we bored them. Either way it was uncomfortable. Wouldn't mind a larger table, but not every night.

Sent from my iPad using Forums