Twenty Years on

derbylane

I just this minute looked at my Silversea profile, I still have the page open, where you could indeed provide your emergency contact's address. I don't think it has always been that way and, in fact, I use my son and all they have is his phone numbers. The field for his address is blank. Maybe the next booking they'll make me complete the record but it's not filled out right now.

I honestly don't remember exactly what information beyond the basics I entered two years ago for my first Silversea cruise. Sometime last or early this year Silversea switched over to My Silversea with a new profile interface and transferred or imported at least some of the information from my older profile. I do recall having to change my passport information as we'd gotten new ones subsequent to our 2012 cruise on the Wind so at least that information transferred. I think it was discussed here at the time of the switch and I think some had better luck than others with the new My Silversea.

Just finalized our next Silversea cruise and went to My Silversea to check that all of our information was still there and correct. When I looked at our newly booked cruise I noticed that under My Bookings the Guest Information showed a "red" dot. Opened it up and was surprised to see that some information that had been there as late as this past May was now empty for both my wife and I. Weird stuff and not consistent from person to person. I always list my son as my emergency contact and that information was intact and complete. My wife always lists her sister but that page was completely blank and had to be filled out again. Another example was my passport information was correct but the issuing authority entry was blank and had to be completed again. My wife had that issue and the expiration date of her passport was blank. Like I said, weird stuff that was complete just a few months ago. Might add that I did notice that you could indeed put in the home address of your emergency contact but it was not a mandatory field so I left it blank.

Hi Randy - where is the next Cruise to be and when ? - maybe we can meet up for another ' Zampone ' experience ????

Wherever it is no doubt you will have fun.

Best wishes.

We've booked the Spirit out of Venice 10 June next year. We'll be doing back to back 9 and 7 day cruises eventually ending up in Athens. Wanted to stay with the Wind but couldn't find any itineraries that interested us. Suppose that means the chances of Zampone are slim this time out. ;):)

Well, at long last our invitation to the Bocelli event turned up in the post today, along with the note that SS do not hold our email address. Except they do, and its been on my.silversea since the 30th January. Plus they have my work email and my wife's email.

Whoever at SS deals with their marketing must have a real interest in annoying existing (most valued Venetian Society Members - haha) customers.

Well, at long last our invitation to the Bocelli event turned up in the post today, along with the note that SS do not hold our email address. Except they do, and its been on my.silversea since the 30th January. Plus they have my work email and my wife's email.

Whoever at SS deals with their marketing must have a real interest in annoying existing (most valued Venetian Society Members - haha) customers.

I'll be on the look out for ours. Thanks for the update.

Whoever at SS deals with their marketing must have a real interest in annoying existing (most valued Venetian Society M

Why would you think that someone earning a basic wage would care about you?