Dining Room attire for boys

as143ks

Hi,

We are taking our first family cruise in September with our 3 kids, 2 boys ages 7 and 4 and our daughter who is 2. I was wondering what the attire is for boys at dinner time? Is it pants only, or could they wear khaki shorts? I normally dress them up in polo/dress shorts when we are on vacation, but if they need to wear pants then I need to be prepared for the dinners, aside from formal night (am planning on putting them in suits.) Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

NCL and Carnival, you can probably get away with shorts on casual nights....both lines are very informal. The other lines, long pants would be the better choice....they can re-wear them several times, so you don't need to bring a bunch!

Shorts are fine in the buffet on all lines.

Hi,

We are taking our first family cruise in September with our 3 kids, 2 boys ages 7 and 4 and our daughter who is 2. I was wondering what the attire is for boys at dinner time? Is it pants only, or could they wear khaki shorts? I normally dress them up in polo/dress shorts when we are on vacation, but if they need to wear pants then I need to be prepared for the dinners, aside from formal night (am planning on putting them in suits.) Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

They will look so handsome in their suits!

In her signature it says they are cruising on the Carnival Sensation.

We always put our boys 5&9 in pants for dinner. On Formal nights, they wear ties with vests (not jackets).

I can not speak to if Carnival allows shorts for kids or not. I will allow the boys to change back into shorts for kids club after dinner (to keep their pants clean for an extra night or two so I don't have to wash them as often) but they always wear long pants.

Khaki shorts or plaid or that non-athletic type are absolutely fine on Carnival casual nights for boys. DS wears those or sometimes pants with a collared polo.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Carnival is extremely casual so wearing shorts on casual nights in the MDR and at all the other food venues is fine. A pair of long pants for "elegant night" is required. Your boys could wear the suit on the first elegant night and then just the pants from the suit on the other dress up night without the jacket. And FYI, they do not have to wear a suit on "elegant night" unless that's what you want for them. Most kids, including my own DS, wear collared shirts and long pants only...no ties or jackets needed or required...this goes for adult men also. It's just a very laid back cruise line.

Hope this helps and that you and your family have an amazingly wonderful cruise!:D

Edited by mousey

sorry it's taken so long to respond! Yes, we are going on Carnival. I think I will pack a pair of pants and a couple of polos as well as plaid shorts. That way I think I will be covered! Super excited also to see them in their suits! :)Thanks for your help!

Edited by as143ks