Survey Followup?

Back in the olden days when RCI gave you a survey to fill out before you left the ship and you would write in comments you would often get a followup phone call. Has anyone got one of these with the new online survey? I know I have not.

I have worked for companies that did on-line surveys for customer satisfaction and I don't know if RCI operates like this but the company I worked for had an outside survey company calculate how many x's for each category box, then sent the results to our company for review. We never got any extra comments. If we scored low in a specific category question we would know to look at what's happening, otherwise we just said we are doing OK. ;)

No phone calls in a very very long time. The last one I got was years before the on-line survey.
I usually don't expect a reply/call. However earlier this year I did a lengthy commit about about a problem or inconvenience on a RCI sponsored shorex and how it could of been avoided. I did expect to get a callback on what I wrote and was just wondering if they did this anymore. I did not say anything on the ship as it as the shorex was the day before disembarcation. I guess its just a waist of time to do the surveys anymore as I don't think anyone reads them.

Recently for 3 cruises I completed very detailed comment cards and surveys, and never received a call. I had sent an email to Goldstein on another matter and when someone from his office called me on that I mentioned the fact that negative comments or positive suggestions were no longer acknowledged. She was adamant that was not the case, another example of how out of touch the home office folks are with what really goes on.

So on my next cruise I turned in a comment card and answered the email survey form with a large capital letter "SINCE ROYAL CARIBBEAN NO LONGER HAS THE COURTESY TO RESPOND TO MY COMMENTS I SEE NO SENSE IN COMPLETING THIS." A week later I got a call, again told they always respond to any negative comment or suggestion for improvement. So on the next cruise I gave them the benefit of the doubt and filled it out. You guessed it, no call back. So I will go back to my refusal to complete the survey :-).

I have always given the ship staff a chance to correct something during a cruise rather than just writing a negative comment card. Now I will escalate to senior officer level onboard since home office does not seem to care.

Recently for 3 cruises I completed very detailed comment cards and surveys, and never received a call. I had sent an email to Goldstein on another matter and when someone from his office called me on that I mentioned the fact that negative comments or positive suggestions were no longer acknowledged. She was adamant that was not the case, another example of how out of touch the home office folks are with what really goes on.

So on my next cruise I turned in a comment card and answered the email survey form with a large capital letter "SINCE ROYAL CARIBBEAN NO LONGER HAS THE COURTESY TO RESPOND TO MY COMMENTS I SEE NO SENSE IN COMPLETING THIS." A week later I got a call, again told they always respond to any negative comment or suggestion for improvement. So on the next cruise I gave them the benefit of the doubt and filled it out. You guessed it, no call back. So I will go back to my refusal to complete the survey :-).

I have always given the ship staff a chance to correct something during a cruise rather than just writing a negative comment card. Now I will escalate to senior officer level onboard since home office does not seem to care.

If you have a legitimate gripe, it's always best to address it onboard rather than waiting until after the cruise.

I have always experienced a willingness to right the wrong onboard.

Happy Sails!

They most certainly read them. I don't know about your particular situation, but there have

been many changes made as a result of passenger's comments.

How do you know they most certainly read them? I know they used to read them when they were paper. However they are now using a large survey company I wonder. http://www.medallia.com/ Edited by FLACRUISER99

I wouldn't bother with the survey unless I had outstanding service or a suggestion for improvement. Needless to say, I haven't missed a survey yet a and thankfully it's mostly been complimentary.

I complete the surveys almost faithfully. I know they read them, and the comments are directed back to the ship. I provided compliments two headwaiters on our May back to back cruises on Vision, and they sought me out to thank me on our return cruise in June.

Edited by gadaboutgal

I complete the surveys almost faithfully. I know they read them, and the comments are directed back to the ship. I provided compliments two headwaiters on our May back to back cruises on Vision, and they sought me out to thank me on our return cruise in June.
You know that they read yours but I do not know if they read mine.:rolleyes: