prices on website constantly changing

Lovely other

I was just browsing the celebrity website looking for a cruise for myself. When I searched for Europe in September it came up with a Black Sea cruise 12 nights at £798 ...so I clicked on that intending to book only to find that at the next stage the only rooms available are over 2k ...is this common practice? says rooms are available from one price but not actually have those rooms. Interestingly if I search for a cruise for two people there are more rooms available at £499 each ...also when you go back a page the single price then changes to £658 ....

very odd goings on here

Keep in mind that cruise lines price the rooms as per person, double occupancy. If you want to be in a room alone, the price will be different as they will charge a single supplement.

Also, they often don't sell guarantee rooms to singles. If you selected a room class and they were showing guarantee price, but you keyed in one passenger, that might kick you out of guarantee room pricing.

I understand about single supplements but I searched for rooms for one person only and that was the price stated. it only jumps when you get to booking it. It would actually be cheaper for me to book a room for two people and have the other person not show up , than to book a room for one at the moment.

I have noticed this repeatedly when looking at prices on the celebrity website - one price advertised on the general enquiry page but when you examined further the price shot up. I did read somewhere that it could be that your web browser is accessing an old version of the web page from your computers cache and that clearing the cache might help. I've never noticed this with other web sites. It could be a glitch with the celebrity web site, there seems to be a few of those!:D

We have been considering a cruise for next spring, talked to the TA about it, got the price £6098 and perks sorted, and we were thinking of booking it today, but it went up to £6598 this morning. Sorry Celebrity, lots of other holiday choices.

Prices seem to have just shot up! Been looking at a fjord cruise for next year and price has gone up £600 in the last few days so may have to park that cruise till the year after next and look for something a bit less expensive!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums