New to NCL. Do they offer trivia on board?

Yes, absolutely. There is trivia probably every day, often more than once. The topics range from general to specific subjects and can be Q&A only, or audio ("Name That Tune" type), or video (identify movie characters, identify childhood photos of celebrities, etc.). These are just examples. YMMV

We were on the sky last Dec. and we thought the trivia was a joke compared to carnival. (Pun not intended). Personally, I suck at trivia and I EXCELLED at the NCL trivia. There certainly was lots of it, but we stopped going because it was not challenging and the prizes were awful too(deck of cards, beach ball) nothing unique or as coveted as a ship on a stick.

Definitely something to try out but I found the trivia on the sky to be very laughable.

We loved the trivia on the Gem in May. They had regular and progressive. Our group did well since we came from different backgrounds and interests. Many of the questions were not easy but they made you think. The prizes are token. Every time you participate you get a card signed. The more you do the better prizes you can redeem for at the end of the cruise. DH and I got two tote bags and two shirts. Thought that was great for playing trivia each day.

We loved the trivia on the Gem in May. They had regular and progressive. Our group did well since we came from different backgrounds and interests. Many of the questions were not easy but they made you think. The prizes are token. Every time you participate you get a card signed. The more you do the better prizes you can redeem for at the end of the cruise. DH and I got two tote bags and two shirts. Thought that was great for playing trivia each day.

There is a similar system on the Spirit, got 2 coffee mugs and a water bottle. Beatles name that tune 3 teams got all 20 correct so they had a sing-off. They also had a name this famous land mark with slides, and one of them was the bridge under which the Gem and BA pass leaving and arriving in NYC.

Slides trivia on the Gem used slides of country shapes to name that country and airline logos to name that airline.