Main Dining

pinklily116

I've never cruised yet, but my first will be for my wedding/honeymoon cruise on the Dream in August of 2015. I'm trying to understand how dining works..

I realize they we would be assigned to a dining room. Are we stuck with that one room the whole trip - can we switch to the other dining room?

Will be be assigned seating with other random people on the boat at dinner? If so, is it the same guests we would be eating with every night? Is it the same table as well?

Can we request just the two of us? If some of the wedding guest cruise with us, can we sit with them some nights?

Do you normally do early, late, or anytime dining? If anytime, is dining in the main dining room like a normal restaurant where you ask for a table for however many people in your group?

sorry for being a question box but I can't seem to find this info! Thanks a bunch

liz

Im not sure how many are cruising with you in your wedding party, but as long as you link your bookings you wont be seated randomly with strangers.

When you book, you will be offered either early (6pm) or late, (8.15pm) fixed time dining which will be in one specific dining room at one or two tables for your group. If you choose anytime dining, (5.45 to 9.30 pm ) you can go anytime in that time frame, but to only one level of one specified dining room. Your group can split up and, some go at one time and others at another, and you can request a table for two if you both wish to dine alone. However with anytime dining, if a large group of you go together, you may not all get to dine together at one large table, and may have to split up among two or three tables, depending on how many go at the same time.

Hope this makes some sense. I know it can be confusing.

Congratulations, and have a great cruise.:)

Whichever dining option you choose, it will be in the same dining room

Edited by SMSACE6

One suggestion if you want to eat with your wedding party most of the cruise is to all choose either early or late dining - that way (unless there is a lot of you) you will all be together. Then... make reservations in the steakhouse for one night for a special dinner for you and your BRAND NEW HUSBAND (CONGRATULATIONS!). The steakhouse is really a special dinner and you can request a table for two. If you go on the first night - you will get a free bottle of wine.

For the other nights of the cruise you have to make a choice and live with it for the entire cruise... early, late, or anytime. Anytime gives you flexibility but if there are quite a few of you that want to eat together you may have a long wait for a table(s).

Have fun... we went on our first cruise last August (we have our 3rd already booked). We didn't know anything about cruising and it all just came together.

We've started using anytime dining. We love it. If we come off a tour in port and are famished we can usually go right to dinner. But if we are tired we can take a nap and eat later. To us ATD is the best. We have seen large groups seated together at ATD. You may have to wait a while but it can be done. With ATD you are not committed to eating at the same time or with the same people every day. Although we have always enjoyed meeting new people at dinner. Some we have stayed friends with over the years.

It all depends what you want.

We prefer late (8.15) traditional dinning where you get same time same table same table guests every night.

We were travelling as a couple in June on The Dream and first night we were shown to a table for 2:eek: I immediately asked the front desk in dinning room to fit us on an 8 topper, we were then seated with 2 other couples, second night another couple joined us and on the 4th night we made room for a single lady, we had a blast the entire cruise and the dinner table made for most of that fun:D:D:D

We always insist an eight or ten topper even though we are only 2:)

They try to seat you with other couples of your own age group which is mostly a plus.

Edited by fishtaco

It all depends what you want.

We prefer late (8.15) traditional dinning where you get same time same table same table guests every night.

We were travelling as a couple in June on The Dream and first night we were shown to a table for 2:eek: I immediately asked the front desk in dinning room to fit us on an 8 topper, we were then seated with 2 other couples, second night another couple joined us and on the 4th night we made room for a single lady, we had a blast the entire cruise and the dinner table made for most of that fun:D:D:D

We always insist an eight or ten topper even though we are only 2:)

They try to seat you with other couples of your own age group which is mostly a plus.

We also prefer to sit at a larger table to meet new people. When they give us a table for 2 we will ask to be moved but generally that will not happen until day 2

Nobody has mentioned this yet so I'll throw it in. When you get your Sail and Sign Card, it will have which dining room, the time you are assinged and your table assignment. We usually go to the dining room we are assigned just to see where our table is. It makes it easier to do it before the meal so that we can just go in and sit down at meal time and not have to look for our table. Each table will have a small number sign on it.

One of the questions you asked was could you be assigned a table for two. If you do want one and aren't assigned to one, the Funtimes (Daily ship's paper which will be on your bed when you enter your cabin for the first time) will have it listed where the Matre'd will be for dining changes. Go as soon as possible to talk with him/her to have it changed if you wish.