How much of the price is from the free wine

sdf89

Not exactly sure how to ask this, so here goes icon_eek.gif

We have been comparing cruise lines for our next cruise, and a Radisson is coming close to the top choice. Multiple people have specifically mentioned to us one reason they like it is because of the free wine.

However, my DW and I do not drink. We have been wondering how much we're spending on the fare that pays for drinks/wine we don't get. (DW doesn't even get sprite much!). We even wondered about going with Crystal since the liquor is charged separately.

Any thoughts to help us?

Island Princess 1983

Dawn Princess 1998

Ocean Princess 2002

Enchantment of the Seas 3/04

Well... first of all where are you going?

If you are going to a Europe/Tahiti, I would definitely said RSSC is worth it. They handed you bottles of water when you get off the ship and when you come back, you are welcomed with cold towel and fresh OJ.

If you are going to the Caribbean, most likely you will be embark on a US port, so you can bring all you can bring soft drink, water and alcohol on. So the drinks argument is out.

My husband and I don't drink (he is allergic to alcohol) and I only like alcohol with coffee.

We love RSSC not for the alcohol reason but:

1. Tips included (yes, included in the cruise price.)

2. Free soft drinks and bottle waters.

3. Open seat dinning.

4. The standard cabin is as good or better than most other line suite.

Happy cruising.

Cindy

Ditto CWC- You also get free bottled water and soft drinks for which you are charged on most cruise lines. Radisson's main competitor Crystal Cruise Lines charges similar prices but gratuities are not included and their suggested tips are higher than the average cruise lines.

$63.36

Naw, maybe $54.25.

What does it matter; aren't there some amenities that you may use that others may not? I love Radisson. I don't drink much wine with dinner. I do, however, drink many cocktails and after dinner drinks at dinner. On the other hand, I do not use the swimming pool (I wonder how much that costs), the fitness center (has to be expensive with all the equipment and personal trainer), or many other benefits.

Judge Radisson on the package value to you. I believe it is the best value out there.

marc

12/19/02 Mariner

05/24/03 Diamond

10/01/03 Voyager

12/27/03 Voyager

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=6>

<param name="day" value=2>

<param name="hour" value=12>

</applet>

Seven Seas Navigator Bermuda

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="month" value=10>

<param name="day" value=4>

<param name="hour" value=7>

</applet>

Diamond Oct 4th (DOF)

<param name="month" value=11>

<param name="day" value=21>

<param name="hour" value=07>

</applet>

Seven Seas Voyager Transatlantic

Hi,

I agree with Marc. Just got back from the most wonderful cruise and it is the total package that counts. Also, Radisson crew seem really friendly [as opposed to friendly because they are waiting for a tip].

Teresa

PS thanks Marc for your replies before the cruise,they were really helpful icon_smile.gif

To "do the math" on Radisson vs. less inclusive lines, you first have to make sure your suites are apples to apples. Radisson's tend to be larger, and some ships are all balcony. Don't forget about the tips, soft drinks, bottled water, and in suite mini bar that Radisson includes.Radisson also has more free cocktail parties than most. And then, on Radisson, there is none of this silliness about searching guests for beverages brought onboard, and confiscating them till cruise end. I like to buy local beers in the ports and sample them on my balcony. Not something you can put a price tag on, but to me it's priceless.

Thanks,

Richard icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

sdf89, I agree with the others about looking at the whole package. Surely, you ahd your DH drink water (bottled), maybe coke, juice, all these are also included on RSSC. As you leave to go on an excursion, they often have coolers of water bottles for you. You are welcome to take several. Want a coke with your meal? no problem. Extra juice for your minibar? just ask. The beauty is that you aren't being nickeled and dimed to death.

Colleen Farley

I like the way you put that Colleen. We found that a most attractive part of the cruise - I didn't sign for a drink all holiday. Also on some other lines they charge for using the alternative resturant and for drinks such as hot chocolate during the day. icon_frown.gif

Teresa

There is just a happy ambience on Radisson ships. My husband and I don't drink much wine, either, but we can't bear the thought of going on another line's ships now that we have experienced RSSC.

I have to agree with Pam, and others. We all enjoy different aspects of the cruise experience for which there is no charge. I would caution you not to let the free wine get into the way of not cruising on this line even if you don't imbibe. I have enjoyed many Radisson cruises, all of them great...RSSC keeps me cruising because all of my cruises with their ships had great value!

What a great thing to look forward to - not being surprised when you get the bar bill at the end of the cruise. Carnival was brutal - even a cappucino cost you CASH.

I know this is off topic - but we're sailing on the RSSC Mariner for the first time this fall - Tokyo to HK - and wonder if anyone out there has been on this route? We have lots of questions not having been to Asia before. Can anyone help? icon_confused.gif

Rhonda141, first of all, welcome to the cc Radisson board! I notice this is your first post. I would suggest you go to the top, click on "new" and start a new thread on this topic (maybe giving the ship, date of the cruise and first and last port). information. I just got back from a cruise in Malaysia, and hope to hit the ports you will be visiting sometime in the future. Don't be shy, just start posting and you will get replies!

Archived