Buying alcohol at port

We're looking forward to our first RCI cruise onboard Oasis in November. We were able to purchase alcohol at ports and take it on with us during our Disney cruise. How does this work with RCI? I understand we can't take it to our room, but will they hold it for us until we disembark?

The alcohol that you purchase at any port is usually returned to you on the last night of your sailing or on the morning when you return to port you will receive a written message advising you to respond to a specific location onboard the ship where you will meet a ship's officer and sign a form and your purchased items will be returned to you.

Sherwood Girl, I don't want to jinx you, but I have a specific suggestion.

Before you hand over that bottle into the tender care of the Royal Caribbean staff, take a picture of it with your phone.

Although most people get their booze back without incident, every now and then there is a problem.

A picture may help in that "emergency" situation.

:)

Sherwood Girl, I don't want to jinx you, but I have a specific suggestion.

Before you hand over that bottle into the tender care of the Royal Caribbean staff, take a picture of it with your phone.

Although most people get their booze back without incident, every now and then there is a problem.

A picture may help in that "emergency" situation.

:)

Now there is a good suggestion I never thought on till now especially if it was a rare or expensive bottle

Thanks for the tip

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This was my observation when on the Explorer. A couple in front of me informed security they had a bottle of rum. Security agent informed them to hand over the rum at a collection point. The couple pick up their backpack after it went through the x-ray which contained the rum and walked right pass the collection table and walked up the stairs. :cool:

It was very busy and a lot of activity, a definite disconnect in security.;)

This was my observation when on the Explorer. A couple in front of me informed security they had a bottle of rum. Security agent informed them to hand over the rum at a collection point. The couple pick up their backpack after it went through the x-ray which contained the rum and walked right pass the collection table and walked up the stairs. :cool:

It was very busy and a lot of activity, a definite disconnect in security.;)

yep seen it happen

:cj

Purchased alcohol in Jamaica and had to pay $$$ to the airline to get it home - considered a piece of luggage. Can't bring it carry on.... just keep that in mind. That alcohol ended up costing us a lot more than we expected :(

When you hand over your alcohol they will give you a receipt and tape the bag up rather tight. They don't document what's in the bag, but we had no problems with 2 bottles of good vodka and a huge bottle of jäger!!