Reflection cabins 6216 & 6218

hammo

Hope for some advice please . I had a look on the s-class spread sheet for these cabins - 6216 and 6218 - not much information there. Will the location near the elevators and directly opposite the i-lounge be a concern here - Noisy ? Our 3rd cabin would be 6226 , also an inter-connecting cabin . Is the connecting door also a noise problem ? Any advice would be most appreciated.:)

We were on the other side of the elevator in 6239 and could not hear anything at all from the elevator area. One night we were in the room and opened the door and could hear the music from the main foyer on 3 really loud and commented on how we couldn't hear it with the door closed. Only issue we had with noise was the supply closet right outside our door. They would let it slam every time they used it so we asked them to be more considerate.

We were on the silhouette this time, on the reflection, I seem to remember that they had glass doors between the elevators and the hall.

Hope for some advice please . I had a look on the s-class spread sheet for these cabins - 6216 and 6218 - not much information there. Will the location near the elevators and directly opposite the i-lounge be a concern here - Noisy ? Our 3rd cabin would be 6226 , also an inter-connecting cabin . Is the connecting door also a noise problem ? Any advice would be most appreciated.:)

They have glass doors dividing elevator vestibules and the passenger stateroom hallways that do an excellent job of shutting out the noise on the S-class ships.

Also, the connecting rooms have an outer door in the hallway that remains open if you are not linked with your neighboring cabin. It only closes if you book both connecting rooms in which case, you can leave your individual stateroom doors open. So, there is no difference in these connecting cabins on the S-class ships as they don't have the door that goes between the rooms as you would traditionally find.

If you search, you can find a picture of what they consider connecting rooms on the S-class ships. I don't know if I described it really well but it is the smartest design in the entire cruiseline industry if you ask me.

Thankyou all for the replies , it is much appreciated. It sounds like 6216 & 6218 should be OK and we would be happy with 6226 also. We were just concerned about the internet cafe as it is open 24hrs and potentially thought late night noise would be a problem.

Thankyou all for the replies , it is much appreciated. It sounds like 6216 & 6218 should be OK and we would be happy with 6226 also. We were just concerned about the internet cafe as it is open 24hrs and potentially thought late night noise would be a problem.

Internet cafe is typically quiet as a library from my experiences on board. The only time it gets some noise level is when someone is working - but that won't be 24 hours.

I've always stayed right off the midship elevator bank - excellent location and 0 noise from the elevators. I was quite surprised. You can hear the bands a tiny tiny bit with the door closed and a whole lot with it open :-) Personally, I always book a cabin on the slant when available!