Dining wait list question

rpmljm

Hi

We just booked a last minute cruise that sails 8/3. We are wait listed for early dining. If we don't get that, we would prefer Anytime dining. Does anyone know how they determine what dining you get if you don't get your first choice?

The Maitre 'D assigns dining times. Diamond gets their choice. Platinum, then FTTF gets priority then everyone else.

Last cruise we booked 3 weeks ahead , waitlisted for ATD and received late. Went to the MDR when we boarded and was changed to ATD. I think it helped that we were all Platinum.

Sometimes they cannot change your assignment until the second evening.

The Maitre 'D assigns dining times. Diamond gets their choice. Platinum, then FTTF gets priority then everyone else.

Last cruise we booked 3 weeks ahead , waitlisted for ATD and received late. Went to the MDR when we boarded and was changed to ATD. I think it helped that we were all Platinum.

Sometimes they cannot change your assignment until the second evening.

Hmmmm...since this is only our 3rd Carnival cruise, I guess we don't have much clout

We booked late for our last cruise and got assigned late when we wanted any time. It was our fourth Carnival cruise.

I went down to the dining room at the designated time on the first day (I believe it was 1 pm) to wait in line and request the change. It's posted in the fun times.

There was one line and it was first come first serve. If there was an open spot available you were able to get it.

I wouldn't worry about not being platinum!

The Maitre'D usually has empty tables to make changes with, and once onboard you should see if he/she can accommodate you. I would be one of the first ones in line at his/her station, arriving at least 30 minutes before the time they are scheduled to open for changes. If worst comes to worst, and you want it, they will probably switch you to YTD. Good luck, and enjoy your cruise.:)

If your waitlist does not open up before, then definitely go see the maitre'd on boarding day. They will be in the dining room in the afternoon and even if your preferred dining is not available, would go for ATD if it opens up, then you can still go early, and often get the same wait team if you enjoy them. Hope it works out for you.