Transatlantic Question...........

stefs111

To answer the Q about booking flights on other than embark/debark dates: I'm pretty sure that's what the Air Deviation fee is all about. You pay extra to be able to change your flight to a different day/time. Still pays to shop around, obviously...

A word of advice -

STOP TALKING ABOUT IT AND BOOK IT!

We did the Barcelona to Miami TA on the Breeze. It was the best cruise we have ever been on and will book the TA on the new Vista. We had stops in Spain, Canary Islands and the Caribbean with 5 days crossing the Altantic. The weather was good the entire trip.

We let Carnival set everything up including the airfare, transfers and hotel. We flew over 2 days early so we could do the tourist thing in Barcelona.

The only bummer is we went thru the Straits of Gibraltar at night so we couldn't see the rock.

A word of advice -

STOP TALKING ABOUT IT AND BOOK IT!

We did the Barcelona to Miami TA on the Breeze. It was the best cruise we have ever been on and will book the TA on the new Vista. We had stops in Spain, Canary Islands and the Caribbean with 5 days crossing the Altantic. The weather was good the entire trip.

We let Carnival set everything up including the airfare, transfers and hotel. We flew over 2 days early so we could do the tourist thing in Barcelona.

The only bummer is we went thru the Straits of Gibraltar at night so we couldn't see the rock.

If they do a good itinerary on TA for Vista we will be booking it.

Were prices on hotels reasonable? Looked at Princess for hotels for an upcoming TA and prices were extremely high.

I use air deviation and am able to specify what dates and what specific flights I want. I have yet to have any difficulty in getting exactly what I want--as long as the airlines don't change their schedules.

Doing this may not provide the most inexpensive fares, but as I have said, what I paid was a good deal less than any other method of booking air for the dates that I wanted.

I highly recommend using the cruiseline air option for a one-way flight. With Celebrity (and perhaps other lines) it is Choice Air. You need to have booked your cruise, so you have a reservation number. Then call Choice Air. They will give you some options with various airlines, travel routes and times, prices, etc. There is no pressure to book right away; you can mull over the choices and then call back. Both times we've done this, we paid under $700 each, compared to $4000 each if booked through the airline.