Le Bistro reservation on Getaway?

Schmoopy

I have been trying to make an online Le Bistro reservation (through NCL's site) on the Getaway (sailing Aug. 9), for my husband, son and me. However, when I select the number of guests, it only gives me the option for 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, etc. It gives me no option for a party of 3. This was the case for all the days I tried to make the reservation (I tried them all).

What could be the deal? It's a glitch? They don't allow parties of three? I'm really trying to avoid calling NCL because their customer service reps are so clueless and unfriendly.

It's frustrating because we have our hearts set on two specialty restaurants: this one and Teppenyaki. The others I really don't care about.

Dont bother with making a rez for Le Bistro now . You can easily do that on board . The Teppanyaki books up a little faster . So if you can book that now , then do .. The no option for 3 has been a problem on the website for quite a long time . I dont recall what the problem was..

Good luck ;)

The LeBistro on the Getaway books and fills each cruise quickly. We tried to book for later in the week when on board the first afternoon. All the time slots we wanted were already booked. We did book, but it was a much later dining time than we planned. I asked the Le Bistro hostess why it filled so quickly. She said it is because the Getaway Le bistro is one of the smallest, but trying to serve a large ship. Otherwise, I agree. Wait and book specialty restaurants after you board.

Thanks for the responses, all. I've read that Le Bistro also fills up because some premiere-type status NCL cruisers get a free meal there.

Our son is only 5, so I want to pay the $10 for his cover, not $20. And it doesn't look like making a reservation for children is available at all on NCL's site.

Sure wish they'd get their poop in a group over there with their reservations!

Your responses have been very helpful. We may have no choice but to wait until we're onboard.

Thanks for the responses, all. I've read that Le Bistro also fills up because some premiere-type status NCL cruisers get a free meal there.

Our son is only 5, so I want to pay the $10 for his cover, not $20. And it doesn't look like making a reservation for children is available at all on NCL's site.

Sure wish they'd get their poop in a group over there with their reservations!

Your responses have been very helpful. We may have no choice but to wait until we're onboard.

In this case, I'd go ahead and reserve it for two and add your son as soon as you are on board. If, for some reason, they cannot accommodate your son on your original reservation, you can change it to another available time, and you'd be no worse off than if you waited until boarding in the first place. We generally just book for four and cancel out one upon boarding (sail with three people often), but we are three adults and the refunded cover charge disappears quickly into our on board account lol..

Le Bistro on Getaway and breakaway are small on comparison to other ships. And yes, every Platinum member gets a free meal for two there (although some trade it for another venue). Also, those two ships offered a campaign where the UDP was offered for free for booking certain level cabins (balcony or above I believe) and so there are a lot more people competing for Specialty tables on those ships for a while..

Robin

Edited by Fishbait17

It will book up quickly on your cruise, because it is one where the UDP was being given away for free. Reports have been coming in of people having difficult getting reservations in the speciality restaurants on the Breakaway and Getaway since these sailings started. I'd book it (and anything else you may want) before boarding, and sort out the charges when onboard.

We just returned from the Getaway and for the first time could not get into LeBistro. I started with Tues. on and there were no slots open at all. It was tough getting into the other $20 and under restaurants as well but we did get Moderno and LaCucina for our "platinum" free meals. We were disappointed but what can you do. We learned a lesson. In the past the specialty restaurants seemed half empty except Teppanyaki.

So, this is what ended up happening:

We called NCL to ask how we could go about making a reservation considering the problems on the site. They told us to take a hike and call the TA who booked it.

I called our TA and she was very helpful. But still, the solution was lame (not her fault). She called NCL and was able to get us the two reservations (Le Bistro and Teppenyaki).

However, according to the NCL rep she spoke with, there were no 3-person tables available at Le Bistro (I find this really hard to believe, as there are 4-, 5- and 6-person tables available). He suggested we make the res for 2 and add my son to our res once we're onboard, just as one of you suggested. Hopefully that won't be a problem.

Also as one of you noted, for our Teppenyaki res, we could make it for 3, but it had to be 3 adults. So we paid $75 for that res and will be refunded $12.50 for my son's spot once we arrive at the restaurant (hopefully).

As part of our package offer, we're supposed to get a free dinner for 2 at La Cucina. But it sounds like we may not even get in!

It will book up quickly on your cruise, because it is one where the UDP was being given away for free. Reports have been coming in of people having difficult getting reservations in the speciality restaurants on the Breakaway and Getaway since these sailings started. I'd book it (and anything else you may want) before boarding, and sort out the charges when onboard.

Does anyone know when this will no longer be a problem?

Does anyone know when this will no longer be a problem?

The offer was for cruises from April to September this year. I'm not sure whether it was all cruises or if there were some that were omitted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We had free UDP on our Getaway cruise May 31 and it was not a problem for us at all. Teppanyaki and Le Bistro were full when we were there, but the others were generally less than half full. I think it just depends on the sailing. You never really know.