Manatee Time slot / ship time

cheeto

Hello, I am trying to figure out the best time to reserve the manatee encounter at the chankanaab park. We are on the Navigator RCL and the ship is listed to dock from 8 am to 4 pm. The 2 encounter times offered are 10 am and 2 pm and the duration is 45 minutes. We are 2 families traveling together and plan on spending the day at the park. Would either time work? I just want to be sure we can get to the park by 10 am if we pick that time or if we choose 2 pm, that when it finishes at 2:45, we have enough time to get to on the ship when it leaves at 4 pm. Any advice is greatly appreciated! thank you!

Nancy

Chank times are Cozumel times which is Central time same as the Navigator's ship time ( I'm assuming you are sailing before the time changes). Nevertheless, I think the 10AM Chank time is the better bet. With the 2 PM time, it'll be nearly to 3PM before you're out of the park and then closer to 3:30P before you get back to the pier. While the ship may depart at 4PM, they usually request you return about a 1/2 hour before just so they can get everyone on board and checked back in. There will most likely be a long line to reboard at 3:30P.