Interesting Pricing......A Mistake?

globevest

Where am I going wrong?

1. New Oceania Brochure ‘European Collection 2015’ pricing, cruise Sublime Sojourn, Marina 39 days, 4 Nov 2015 to 12 Dec 2015, PH2 $23,098

2. Oceania web site pricing, cruise Sublime Sojourn, Marina 39 days, 4 Nov 2015 to 12 Dec 2015, PH2 $17,299 .

That is a 33% difference between the new brochure fare and what can be booked for the same cruise on the Oceania web site now.

Where am I going wrong?

1. New Oceania Brochure ‘European Collection 2015’ pricing, cruise Sublime Sojourn, Marina 39 days, 4 Nov 2015 to 12 Dec 2015, PH2 $23,098

2. Oceania web site pricing, cruise Sublime Sojourn, Marina 39 days, 4 Nov 2015 to 12 Dec 2015, PH2 $17,299 .

That is a 33% difference between the new brochure fare and what can be booked for the same cruise on the Oceania web site now.

A 2-page insert came with the brochure I received. The insert sates "Additional Early Booking Savings off…" fares in brochure. The Sublime Sojourn is listed under Grand Voyages with "Back to Back Cruise Saving of up to 66%". That probably accounts for the difference between the brochure and website.

The brochure says: "Call Now for Additional Early Booking

& Grand Voyage Savings" while the website says that the fares shown include all savings. The bottom line fares are the same.

Doing it this way allows Oceania to change fares on a number of cruises without having to reprint the brochure. It can simply make the changes on the insert which has to be less expensive for Oceania.

Dave

As long as the price is going down most folks are happy. A business I was once in I was responsible for proofing the catalog that went out. I did the prices and yes they put a higher price in the catalog and then "offered" discounts. The higher price was there if they had the demand for item but could price it to sell also.

Why so many catalogs? Really every week from many different cruiselines and they just cause me the "wants" that one and that one and that one.

I don't buy but one a year or so. :(

I don't why the cruise industry in general, and O in particular, has decided to allow it's pricing policies to follow those of a Middle East bizarre or a chop house used car establishment! :( The price listed is never the real price, there's a discount for this and one for that, but you (or one's TA) has to ask for it, it's rarely offered. Often seems like the slim way of doing business for an otherwise above board exceptional company.