Transfer Celebrity Passages to TA for last minute booking?

DaveCruises

My wife and I booked two open Celebrity Passages certificates while on a cruise in August 2012. We did not specify a TA at the time. Now we're considering a last-minute cruise booking (<60 days until disembarkation), and there's a few TAs with perks that beat Celebrity's offers for booking direct.

1. Is it possible to book with a TA and apply the Passages certificates? What's the process for doing this?

2. Can we apply both the certificate in my name, and the one in my wife's name? We're only booking one cabin.

We emailed Celebrity about this but their response was not clear. Hope some of you can help us out. Thanks in advance!

You appear to have an "old" passages certificate. I would call the TA and verify that the TA can book the cruise for you using your open passages number.

Only one passages per cabin can be used.

Terry

Celebrity used to have a form that had to be faxed to request transfer to a TA, but now the transfer can be requested online. Here's the link: http://directtransfers.force.com/directtransfers/DTTCelebrity

I think calling the TA to verify that they will give you the perks on a transferred reservation this close to sail date is a good idea.

I would probably book with Celebrity then transfer the reservation to a TA. I have heard that Celebrity sometimes will match the TA perks, so that might be worth asking about.

Celebrity used to have a form that had to be faxed to request transfer to a TA, but now the transfer can be requested online. Here's the link: http://directtransfers.force.com/directtransfers/DTTCelebrity

I think calling the TA to verify that they will give you the perks on a transferred reservation this close to sail date is a good idea.

I would probably book with Celebrity then transfer the reservation to a TA. I have heard that Celebrity sometimes will match the TA perks, so that might be worth asking about.

Since the OP is discussing a last minute booking less than 60 days out I believe this would be bad advice. They would need to make the final payment when booking and I do not believe you can transfer a booking after the final payment thus the original question.

Since the OP is discussing a last minute booking less than 60 days out I believe this would be bad advice. They would need to make the final payment when booking and I do not believe you can transfer a booking after the final payment thus the original question.

The forms specifically state that the transfer must be made before the booking is paid for in full so you are correct, it could not be transferred after that date.

Edited by ptrpanpens

Thanks for the help, everyone. My TA says it normally takes 48-72 hours for Celebrity to transfer the Passages certificate to her. I will try to remember to update this thread once we see how long it actually takes.

Hope my cruise doesn't go up in price in the meantime!

Edited by DaveCruises

In order to not loose a great rate I booked with my TA, paid in full(as it's last minute), and am transferring the deposit after the fact. He called Celebrity and said they gave the ok. It was within 24 hours of booking so I would suggest you have them verify beforehand.

Edit: I just called to get the form you have to submit and was told you have 60 days from making a booking to add your future cruise deposit.

1. To get form: Send email to cvptransfer@rccl.com

2. Request Celebrity open passage transfer form

3. Fax completed form to 305-603-0036

4. Takes 24-36 hours to process

YW ;)

Edited by aerospace