Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale pre-cruise November

football826

Looking for a recommendation for a nice hotel with a really nice pool for one night in November. I'm reading too many negative reviews about every hotel on Trip Advisor. Making me crazy. Have stayed at the Renaissance but pool was just ok. We won't have a car either so having things close by would help. Anyone stayed at Hyatt Pier 66 or Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort?

Looking for a recommendation for a nice hotel with a really nice pool for one night in November. I'm reading too many negative reviews about every hotel on Trip Advisor. Making me crazy. Have stayed at the Renaissance but pool was just ok. We won't have a car either so having things close by would help. Anyone stayed at Hyatt Pier 66 or Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort?

My recommendation would be for the Embassy Suites. While you can walk places from the Hyatt it would be too far for some - especially those not used to warm weather.

Without a car you have everything within walking distance from the Embassy Suites. Choices of restaurants, grocery stores and liquor stores. I also think their pool is beautiful!

Not knowing what your dates are - but - November should still be somewhat reasonable. Also try Last Minute Travel for a less expensive price.

We always stay at the Ft. Lauderdale Hilton Marina (on 17th St.) - 5 mins. to any of the ships.

We always book this room type (below) - you won't be disappointed...

WATER VIEW - MARINA TOWER ROOM- BALCONY-KING BED

Panoramic views of the water and skyline, furnished balconies are on offer in these 350 sq. ft. rooms located on a high floor. Enjoy stunning views of the Intracoastal Waterway and majestic cruise ships along Port Everglades or take in a 180 degree view of the city and our hotel's palm tree-sprinkled pool area. One King bed outfitted in fresh, crisp linens allow you to relax while you enjoy unobstructed views through floor-to-ceiling windows. All rooms offer a flat-screen HDTV, ergonomic chair and work desk as well as WiFi throughout the hotel.

Be sure to put in comments when booking - "request cruise ship view"

http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/florida/hilton-fort-lauderdale-marina-FLLGRHH/accommodations/index.html

My date is November 14 (Friday) and right now all of the hotels are over $200 a night. I guess we will have to pay it. Embassy Suites is $249 and Renaissance $209. Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Marina is not available. Hopefully the prices will drop as it gets closer but I doubt it. Thanks for the recommendations!

My date is November 14 (Friday) and right now all of the hotels are over $200 a night. I guess we will have to pay it. Embassy Suites is $249 and Renaissance $209. Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Marina is not available. Hopefully the prices will drop as it gets closer but I doubt it. Thanks for the recommendations!

I would try the Hyatt Place on 17th Street. You can get it through http://www.valuetrips.com for about $129 plus tax.

Tim

Edited by HB Cruiser

My favorite hotel in Ft Lauderdale (and I have stayed at most of them) the Gallery One is available on Last Minute Travel Club website for Nov 14, for $98.04. All suite hotel, on waterway, across from Publix, CVS drug store and a block from Galleria Mall. Also 4 blocks across the bridge to the beach. You can join Last Minute Travel Club at no charge.

We also have a one-night stay on November 14th, and we found decent rates at the Hyatt Pier 66. We're paying $178 for an upper tower room with the AAA rate. I've stayed at the Hilton Marina before and liked it, but had to look elsewhere since they are booked. I refuse to pay what the Embassy Suites is asking.

Edited by Cindy

If one uses LMTC, Travel Pony, etc, can one still get point credits for the stay?

Cheryl

Most times no. But... we have found it is truly up to the person checking you in. We always ask when we sign in and sometimes they will add the rewards. Sometimes we are turned down. No harm asking. But certainly they do not HAVE to.

Most times no. But... we have found it is truly up to the person checking you in. We always ask when we sign in and sometimes they will add the rewards. Sometimes we are turned down. No harm asking. But certainly they do not HAVE to.

Thanks!

I love the dancing penguin in your post. Can you tell me how you got them there?

LOL!!! I saw them on someone else's signature and asked the same question. She told me to copy and paste!!

I'm from NJ ALSO!! I lived in Hackettstown before retiring to Paradise!!

Cheryl