Discounts for large parties ?

I usually sail HAL but am considering taking my family on a RCI cruise to either Bermuda or the Caribbean next June. Their would be 11 of us with grandkids ranging from 10 to 26, plus 5 adults 47-75. Does RCI offer any perks for a group this size ?

ThanksClaire:)

I usually sail HAL but am considering taking my family on a RCI cruise to either Bermuda or the Caribbean next June. Their would be 11 of us with grandkids ranging from 10 to 26, plus 5 adults 47-75. Does RCI offer any perks for a group this size ?

ThanksClaire:)

It's true, you need 8 staterooms, and you may even need 16 guests. Once you have the 16 guests, then you are entitled to the TC (tour conductor) credit. Your cruise may also have additional perks based on GAP points. You should contact a travel agent for more info.

You must block your Group Space , min 8 cabins , first .

It doesn't just happen if you end up booking 8 cabins (dbl occ.).

A good TA familiar with cruise groups can arrange it for you and

fill you in on the amenities available for your sailing as well as doing the

most difficult part , collecting $$$$ .

Availabilty of new groups and amenity points could be zero for your sailing date .

The group rate will be guaranteed even if 1 cabin sails but amenities may be available if

only 5 or so sail . Need 8 cabins , 16 guests . for the 1 guest cruse rate returned.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We had 14 people - 7 balcony D1 cabins and did not get a discount.

I believe I read it requires 8 cabins to get a discount.

Thought I should mention that EVERYONE in our group LOVED LOVED LOVED the Oasis. Something for everyone! We had ages 8 - 73, some die hard Disney cruisers, a major germ-a-phob, a big time ADD guy who can't sit still and everything in between in our group.

I think it's hard to please a large group at 1 meal, much less for a week, but everyone in our group had the time of their lives! Simply the BEST and something for everyone at all times of the day - at sea or in port.

Edited by tgnorton

Thanks to everyone who answered my question. I think I am looking at cost to be 20K and I might re-think this.

Clamar:)

Note that not all the cabins have to be under as single reservation; they just need to be affiliated on the line's side to form a group of the appropriate size. Just about any travel agent should be able to help with this.