MSC Club - still waiting

soloadventurer

I went on my first MSC cruise is May - really enjoyed it so decided to fill the club form onboard still waiting on a reply. 2 weeks ago i emailed MSC and guess what i'm still waiting on a reply.

Now to me thats telling me they arent really interested in loyalty

I went on my first MSC cruise is May - really enjoyed it so decided to fill the club form onboard still waiting on a reply. 2 weeks ago i emailed MSC and guess what i'm still waiting on a reply.

Now to me thats telling me they arent really interested in loyalty

I know exactly where you are coming from. I talked to my PVC a couple of months ago regarding an excursion for our upcoming cruise in August. While we were talking he mentioned to me that he had talked with the people over in the MSC Club membership department and that they would be sending our cards out and I will have them before August. Well,,it's been over two months now, and we have yet to receive them. So,, I called my PVC this past week regarding the cards and again, he spoke with the people in the membership department and again assured me we would have our cards before we sail in 4 weeks. It seems as though there is a disconnect between departments.:mad:

This is a particular bugbear of mine with MSC. From having to chase them to send the cards as the different levels are attained to ensuring they're adding points accumulated to your account.

After my Feb cruise I had to chase them up for my onboard spend qualifying points (I attained Gold level then so it was important to me to have them added at that time).

A few weeks after I returned from my May outing, I checked my account and found they had added the points for the onboard spend but not for the cruise itself!

I wonder how many people are missing out on points due to them assuming MSC automatically add them to their account.

This is a particular bugbear of mine with MSC. From having to chase them to send the cards as the different levels are attained to ensuring they're adding points accumulated to your account.

After my Feb cruise I had to chase them up for my onboard spend qualifying points (I attained Gold level then so it was important to me to have them added at that time).

A few weeks after I returned from my May outing, I checked my account and found they had added the points for the onboard spend but not for the cruise itself!

I wonder how many people are missing out on points due to them assuming MSC automatically add them to their account.

Luckily the points I acquired after our last cruise were correct. I'm looking at obtaining 17 points after our trip in August so I will be keeping the receipt for my onboard spending just in case. I still have the receipt from our last cruise,,just a souvenir now.

Luckily the points I acquired after our last cruise were correct. I'm looking at obtaining 17 points after our trip in August so I will be keeping the receipt for my onboard spending just in case. I still have the receipt from our last cruise,,just a souvenir now.

It's no harm keeping an eye on your account especially if you're a repeat customer.

You've been very fortunate in your future bookings in YC3 - best of luck and enjoy.

It's no harm keeping an eye on your account especially if you're a repeat customer.

You've been very fortunate in your future bookings in YC3 - best of luck and enjoy.

Not really Beam. We like to stay in a YC3 and chose those weeks only because the stateroom was available. There have been plenty of weeks we would have liked to book, but a YC3 wasn't available. We have a 10 day booked on Divina in November 2015 and a YC3 wasn't available, so we chose a YC1, 16009, which was the stateroom we had on our first sailing with MSC. It hold a certain place in our hearts so we were happy to sail in that stateroom again.:)

Hi. You write that you check your club account on-line. How do you do this? I am a club member and even have my card, but I see nowhere to log in via the MSC website (which sucks). The Club portal only offers the chance to register or see benefits. Where should I be looking?

Hi. You write that you check your club account on-line. How do you do this? I am a club member and even have my card, but I see nowhere to log in via the MSC website (which sucks). The Club portal only offers the chance to register or see benefits. Where should I be looking?

In the top righthand corner of the homepage it's listed as

Login | Register | Newsletter sign-up

Not really Beam. We like to stay in a YC3 and chose those weeks only because the stateroom was available. There have been plenty of weeks we would have liked to book, but a YC3 wasn't available. We have a 10 day booked on Divina in November 2015 and a YC3 wasn't available, so we chose a YC1, 16009, which was the stateroom we had on our first sailing with MSC. It hold a certain place in our hearts so we were happy to sail in that stateroom again.:)

Yes, I was aware that you had searched for availability (I've read quite a lot of your posts) and I envy your ability to book for only 2 person occupancy. If I'm not mistaken, you've responded to one of mine where I was indicating that MSC won't allow me to book a YC3 on a Splendida sailing as they say they are only for 3 person occupancy.

Different markets receive different treatment with MSC which, if it wasn't for the fact that I love the onboard experience, I would have gone elsewhere long before now!

Yes, I was aware that you had searched for availability (I've read quite a lot of your posts) and I envy your ability to book for only 2 person occupancy. If I'm not mistaken, you've responded to one of mine where I was indicating that MSC won't allow me to book a YC3 on a Splendida sailing as they say they are only for 3 person occupancy.

Different markets receive different treatment with MSC which, if it wasn't for the fact that I love the onboard experience, I would have gone elsewhere long before now!

Beam,,I agree,,we love the onboard experience as well, especially the Yacht Club, but there is definitely no cohesiveness between the markets MSC serves.

In the top righthand corner of the homepage it's listed as

Login | Register | Newsletter sign-up

Thanks, I'm registered on the MSC website, but that account is not linked to my MSC Club number, and I can't see anywhere to add or link the accounts. I have called MSC USA, to their web support desk, but after sitting on hold for about 10 minutes each time, it rolls to voicemail. I have left three messages, but no one has called back.

Thanks, I'm registered on the MSC website, but that account is not linked to my MSC Club number, and I can't see anywhere to add or link the accounts. I have called MSC USA, to their web support desk, but after sitting on hold for about 10 minutes each time, it rolls to voicemail. I have left three messages, but no one has called back.

TBH I can't remember how I registered. I'm sure there'll be others along who can help. In the meantime, I'll wrack the oul brain and see if it'll come to me :rolleyes:

OP, I am in the same boat. My cruise debarked 5/3. I purchased the $100 future cert at the same time I signed up for the MSC club with the MSC future cruise rep. Signing up with the rep, directly didn't speed things up at all.

I am going to wait until the end of August before I start my own round of calling.

I'm sure I waited months for my first card as well and had to hound them several times. They are notoriously slow and disorganised. The card itself is not so important as getting the membership number.

They are ok at crediting points for nights onboard but often the onboard spend doesn't get registered, so keep the copies of your onboard statements and an eye on your points.

I'm afraid that the pre & post cruise customer service and experience as a whole is so vastly different to the on-board experience, that I for 1, as a gold card holder, will not be considering MSC again.

And that really pains me to say because I've championed MSC against the nay-Sayers and the (now departed) mis-information spreaders. I've throughly enjoyed 39 nights on board MSC ships, met new friends and received fantastic service from crew who really want to make a difference to your holiday experience.

And then the shore side section of the business lets them down. They tell you what you want to hear to get you off the phone and are so incompetent, to the point that they can't even call /email your back when they say they will. I honestly believe some of the customer service people don't want my money.

So MSC, thanks for the memories.

Good luck doubling your passenger numbers over the next 4 years, I can only imagine.

Well it seems that i may have the honour of defending MSC UK a little which is somewhat of a surprise! after our last cruise i contacted them and asked for my Gold card and it arrived within a week, after posts about Gold Pins on CC i emailed MSC and within two weeks one arrived.

Maybe i just got lucky ?

But as papcx says the nonsense continues even now for us with our upcoming November cruise.

Like Sidari, I'm also in the UK and when I contacted customer services here both on the phone and email, I received my updated membership card and a letter of apology for the delay within 3 days. We've only cruised twice with MSC and going on our third cruise in September and despite some hiccups, we love MSC and defend them to all the haters too. I agree tho, they excel in some areas and bomb in others, its all about consistency and with the increasing cruise competition, they need to ensure they're keeping their loyal customers happy.

TBH I can't remember how I registered. I'm sure there'll be others along who can help. In the meantime, I'll wrack the oul brain and see if it'll come to me :rolleyes:

This is a general glitch that mostly affects those who book via a travel agent instead of directly with MSC. During the booking process MSC ask for far more personal details than the average TA cares to bother with. I assume TA's just make up what they lack in order to score the booking. When you register for the Club, if those details do not exactly match you do not get the cruise points.

I am still missing onboard spend points from April despite two escalations to HQ in Napoli. This is especially irritating because I made a point of extra spending in the final few days to make up to the next multiple of 200.

MSC's whole shoreside operation is unsatisfactory. They tend to be forgiven because of the onboard experience. Loyalty, the patience of a saint and a sense of humour are definitely required.

I had the same problem when I came back from our cruise in April. I emailed Customer Service and then called them to get the matter resolved as we were looking to book another cruise for September and without the points being added we weren't going to book. I can't say for sure that the promise of another booking wasn't the motivation behind their urgency to resolve the matter, but I received an email from them to confirm my points had increased and I was now a silver member and received my new card within a few days. I was able to book and received an 8% discount on my September cruise - yay!!! The MSC agent I spoke to was excellent, really helpful and friendly and I've found all the staff at MSC UK to be like this.

Doorstep them - email them and phone them and get them to fix it. I have booked via a TA and via MSC directly and have to say I preferred dealing with MSC directly. On our cruise in April it was my husbands birthday and our anniversary and they went above and beyond for us. They put balloons outside our cabin and gave us a card plus a money off voucher for the speciality restaurants and we received 2 cakes to celebrate the birthday and our anniversary which were fabulous.

The only way MSC is going to improve is if they receive constructive criticism and get the opportunity to correct their mistakes. I'm always defending this company as I really have had some of the best holidays cruising with them and can compare against other cruise lines I've been on. They are marmite, you either love or loathe them but a lot of people are really scathing which is a shame.

All I know is that we're heading off in 9 weeks (not that I'm counting *cough*) and already looking to book 1 or 2 cruises for next year with MSC. We're aiming for that black loyalty card.

I'm afraid that the pre & post cruise customer service and experience as a whole is so vastly different to the on-board experience, that I for 1, as a gold card holder, will not be considering MSC again.

And that really pains me to say because I've championed MSC against the nay-Sayers and the (now departed) mis-information spreaders. I've throughly enjoyed 39 nights on board MSC ships, met new friends and received fantastic service from crew who really want to make a difference to your holiday experience.

And then the shore side section of the business lets them down. They tell you what you want to hear to get you off the phone and are so incompetent, to the point that they can't even call /email your back when they say they will. I honestly believe some of the customer service people don't want my money.

So MSC, thanks for the memories.

Good luck doubling your passenger numbers over the next 4 years, I can only imagine.

That is sad to hear papcx, but I fully understand.

Giles Hawke would be far better sorting out the shoreside experience than some of the other nonsense he's implemented. Thought all businesses understood that it is far cheaper to keep existing customers loyal than continually go for new customers that you won't retain. It is a real shame because like you I love the onboard experience.

I'm not yet saying never again but it is the first time since 2005 that I don't have even one cruise booked with them.

We sailed with MSC in early June and have not received our cards yet. However, I did register to the MSC Club online soon after the cruise and I received the member number of the card with an email they sent me.

As soon as I had the code we booked a cruise for next year via a TA and introduced the MSC member number, but our 5% discount was never applied. This week I contacted my TA and they got back to me in several hours, confirming the discount was applied, and giving me a reassuring detail of my final price and bill.

So I think that if you book via an online TA, you just need to have the number. Not sure if having the card physically has a real impact on the onboard cruise experience. But we don't care about any other perk, we just want the better price.

That being said, we always book with a large Mallorcan-based online TA that provides an excellent service and are spezialed in cruises. If we have any hassle it's their job to contact MSC and deal with it. We do that because this way we help create jobs in our region and the TA comission does not go to MSC, and we are loyal to them because this way we have a leverage over them.

Even if we don't know the agents personally, when they look at our file they always know we always book trips through them, so they deliver. I also believe long term business relationships are good for both parties.

AmoMondo, I noticed that you have sailed on the Opera on several occasions, we are going to be sailing on her in September. I know she's one of the oldies in the fleet but is it such a change from the Orchestra/Preziosa who we've been on before?

AmoMondo, I noticed that you have sailed on the Opera on several occasions, we are going to be sailing on her in September. I know she's one of the oldies in the fleet but is it such a change from the Orchestra/Preziosa who we've been on before?

Well she was actually the new kid on the block the first time I sailed on her. I think she is the most attractive of the 4 Lirica class ships. She's 9 years old now but not really showing her age as she's kept spotlessly clean and very well maintained, I don't think she feels tired or worn.

That said if I had to choose between the Orchestra and Opera on the same itinerary, it would be no contest, I'd choose the Orchestra. My favourite class is the Musica. I thought the Fantasia was stunning but too big and impersonal for me. I probably should give them a second chance but frankly I don't find the itineraries as interesting as on the other 2 classes. Their very size prevents them docking in the smaller but often beautiful ports.

You'll notice a lot of similarities between the Opera and Orchesytra. The Musica class was based on the Opera just bigger, more balcony cabins and a few more bells and whistles. Ido miss the a la carte restaurant and the atmosphere of the open atrium and the wine bar when on the Lirica class but they are still nice ships with some great ports.

Edited by AmoMondo

Beam,,I agree,,we love the onboard experience as well, especially the Yacht Club, but there is definitely no cohesiveness between the markets MSC serves.

It wasn't you who had responded to me on the "Yacht Club" thread - it was Shippy and related to my inability to book a YC3 as there is just the two of us. Here's what MSC sent to my Travel Agent:

Dear all,

Head office have advised it is only open for triple’s.

Hope this clarifies all,

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require further assistance.

Kind Regards

Call Centre Supervisor