Arcadia back to Cunard? (Fleet expansion idea)

cruiseseattle23

Hi all! I'm new here.

Has anyone ever thought of the idea of Arcadia being transferred back to Cunard?

With the ship being catered to adults and already sporting the Cunard mast and funnel, she could be converted back to her original purpose. Now that P&O will have the larger passenger capacity with the new Britannia, especially if she gets a sister ship, perhaps Arcadia could be sent back to Cunard? I did a mockup of her in Cunard livery and I really like it!

Recent refits have made her Cunard compatible; single cabins, Bermuda registry & being capable of on board weddings, among other things, the transfer couldn't be too difficult. But then again, her interiors are quite different than the Cunard style....Either way it's a cool concept.

ArcadiaCunard_zps9ccff3c7.jpg~original

Image from Wikipedia; user: Politikaner, modified by me.

Cute rendering. I had forgotten that this vessel was to be the Queen Victoria until she was shifted to P&O and Cunard got a Vista ship instead.

But in keeping with Cunard "Queen" naming conventions, what would she be called? Queen Alexandra? (Queen Camilla? :D)

Good idea, I wonder why Cunard never used Queen Alexandra in the first place? I'm hoping that with any new ship, Cunard brings back the classic names like Caronia or Aquitania. That's why I left Arcadia's name cause it would fit in with the "ia" naming conventions.

She looks quite good in Cunard livery.

I would like to see a fourth Queen sailing.

Is P&O planning to get rid of one ship when Britannia sets sail?

no rumours as yet and apparently P&O are continuing with a 8 ship fleet.

there were rumours a year or so ago that Oceana would be moving to australia but the ship size restrictions prevents Ventura doing fly cruises from Venice so Oceana has taken over. As/if P&O expand their med fly cruises (they need to IMO) the displaced ventura can cruise in the western med

If a ship does go it should be the Oriana as she is the oldest.

She looks quite good in Cunard livery.

I would like to see a fourth Queen sailing.

Is P&O planning to get rid of one ship when Britannia sets sail?

Simply, no.

Good rumour though.

You can have Adonia.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The majority of Cunard ships over the years were named after Roman provinces and ended in "ia", such as Mauretania and Aquitania. The Queens came to be with Cunard's Merger with White Star in the 1930s. Still, Cunard built liners after that with names ending in "ia", perhaps best known is Caronia in 1947 (that name was also used before and after her).

So, my vote is for Caronia, which was a luxury world cruise ship, very exclusive too. However I will not do a Photoshop of Arcadia in Caronia's paint scheme, but if some one wants too...

They said it was three or four shades of green????

Caronia_ML.jpg